Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

The lag comp seems to be getting a little worse each game.  Dumping half a clip into someone only to fall over dead from the first bullet you see from your opponent is getting old. Then you see the kill cam and it looks like a whole different scene than what was on your side of the screen,  

Just because i have better internet in my area than allot of other , myself and those like me should not be punished for it. 

And before all of you that have bad internet and are the good side of the Lag Comp come in here and say "Oh manz you suck get better"  I can turn my cell phone on hotspot mode and use it to play Ghosts and guess what...  I am all of a sudden looking like a god among men out on the battlefield.  Im winning gunfights, getting the drop on people, getting high K/D games.   Then i go back to my LAN...  5-13, 6-15, 2-8 ect.

So do not say that internet connections have nothing to do with it.   DIAL BACK THE LAG COMP ITS TOO HIGH!

Level 15
158 REPLIES

Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

in reply to RexxCastle

I found the lag comp in this game almost non existence.  BO2 was the worst I've every experienced.  up to 2 seconds behind. But this game I honestly haven't noticed it.  I have very good internet as well. 50mb down 20 up. even those all you need is 5 up to get max out of PlayStation

Level 2

in reply to ExtremeKiller70
Level 15

in reply to RexxCastle

A test to a server 40miles away has nothing to do with in game performance.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars
Level 15

in reply to ExtremeKiller70

I switched this gen to xone from PS3. The lag comp in CoD games on PS3 during MW3 and BO2 was just stupid and cheap.

In all honesty, on xone it's been fine. I live north of Chicago and MS has a big cloud data center on the west side of town. Maybe, just maybe, xbl's servers and infrastructure are much better than Sony's right now. They said they were going to upgrade there network but I just can't wait that long.

Level 48

in reply to RexxCastle

I Have been experiencing the same thing. I'm a half second behind at times and it's absolutely infuriating. I'm on 60 down/20 up connection, my PS 4 is wired, and I always seem to be on the wrong end of Lag Comp. I've noticed a few times when I've engaged somebody that I let off the trigger because I had hit them so many times (anybody good at this game subconsciously knows when to stop shooting) only to have them fire one shot and kill me. They did something to the netcode in the last 3 weeks that has changed the lag comp considerably. My K/D has changed from 1.35 to 1.15 in literally 2 weeks. The only "solution" I can find is to use guns with a higher rate of fire such as the FAD/ARX/TAVOR. I honestly believe the game punishes people with the best connections when it should be the opposite.

Level 2

in reply to BlueRaider

Just because you "believe" something doesn't mean its true.

Would you mind posting some footage of you being half a second behind?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to BlueRaider

I stop shooting too, after I know I hit them with enough bullets.  I hate wasting bullets.  I should get an average of 3 kills per smg clip.  But the lag is horrible.  Only to see the other guy shoot before me, and I know on my side I had the jump on him, hit him with 3 bullets and the killcam barely has a blood spot.  One bullet and then im dead.

Level 14

in reply to RexxCastle

It's bad, I've just killed someone and about 2 min later, when I wasn't even firing it came up that I had killed them in the notifications in the top right corner...

Level 1

Studios