Lag,Spawn, Quick scoping, maps!!!

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Lag,Spawn, Quick scoping, maps!!!

in reply to iNuZ-_-

Theres no need for hostilities, IMO he is correct about the guns and playing style have an advantage, but unfair? No. It's difficult to take on multiple enemies close range w/snipers. As to the OP, it would appear distance from servers isn't wholly to blame, that is if you believe these people with great connections ping etc. complaining about the same thing. I think most are just making excuses but for sure there's issues.  try asking a forum vet in a PM, they may be able to enlighten you

Level 15

in reply to Chucky6661

Thanks Chucky

Level 1

in reply to banjomango

The lag was MUCH worse on BO2, This time if you have a lag problem and you didn't have any in BO2 it means that your connection has a HUGE latency overall... are you on satellite or  3g (or any other kind of connection with huge latency)?

Level 1

in reply to Diabolus_RJ1

Diabolus_RJ wrote:

The lag was MUCH worse on BO2, This time if you have a lag problem and you didn't have any in BO2 it means that your connection has a HUGE latency overall... are you on satellite or  3g (or any other kind of connection with huge latency)?

Where exactly do people get the idea that if you are experiencing lag in this game but were not in some previous title the person in question has a good / bad connection ? You have no idea what you are talking about. It's obvious that in some cases the person who is having a bad experience actually has a poor connection, but for the most part the problems originate from poor matchmaking and they way the netcode works in situations where you playing in a lobby with people that are lagging.

Ghosts uses the same hybrid system with listen and dedicated servers that they tested in BO2, and as far i can tell by monitoring my connection while playing i'm connected to the same service providers dedis (Choopa) that they used in BO2 with less than 50ms of ping just like in BO2. And just like in BO2 (or in BO1, MW3 for that matter) i'm experiencing lag while playing on a decent connection.

The connectivity is a matter of personal experience and it's pretty stupid to assume it's the same for everyone else. IW's previous game MW3 was unplayable for me at launch and remained pretty bad up until they released the final matchmaking patch after BO2 had come out. MW3 still lags a lot though and the way it is running now is pretty similar how Ghosts is working for me, although this game does have better hit detection on average, but both have similar inconsistensies. BO2 worked pretty well for me when it launched as far as the connection goes (the system crashes / sound glitch were both regular), but all the patching actually made it worse for me.

I don't see the forums being flooded with lag complaints like they were in previous titles releases so maybe this game is working for the majority (or the majority fails to recognize the problems because for the most part the hit detection is good and you die fast regardless of being on a good connection), but unfortunately it does not work very well for me or for my friends who bought the game. It doesn't matter if we are playing solo or partied up, only a small portion of the matches work as they should and we are still being matched with people from all across Europe.

Level 22

in reply to banjomango

You haft to be on drugs about LAG.I  beast every single game. The person with the best connection and guns skills wins the fight. Ive had ZERO host migrations,ZERO crashes, ZERO freezes. Ive lost 6 game.Who cares about quick scoping. If you can do it good for you cause I cant.Map are balanced lots of stories and corners not one head glitch hallway on every map.

Level 12

in reply to banjomango

had very little lag except for one really bad game i had last nite that had 3 host migration in it the lag has been little and far between.

so maps are far to big for my liking specially with only 6v6 and the spawns have been ok except for freefall which are terrible

and cheapscoping well i gave up crying about that a few cod back its here and is never going to leave so we all have to deal with it

Level 25

in reply to banjomango

The lag on BO2 was the worst ever.

I agree about the spawns. But it's COD, what do you expect?

As far as QS, it seems to be much harder to do. I've only been QS'd once since Tuesday.

I like the maps. I can't wait to play PS4 next week, the lobbies will be larger. So map size won't be an issue. 

Level 4

in reply to PhraseUniverse

its still 3 weeks before the ps4 is released so good luck with that one

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

Not in the USA

Level 5

in reply to PhraseUniverse

As far as QS, it seems to be much harder to do. I've only been QS'd once since Tuesday.

It's just about time they will find a new way to quickscope. Believe me they will, I'm starting to get killed a lot by snipers.

The best thing about ghosts is that I have yet to find a host migration.

Level 10

Studios