Let's Discuss the Ripper (Not a whining thread)

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Let's Discuss the Ripper (Not a whining thread)

I think this gun is good, but not the greatest thing ever known like I have been seeing and hearing people complain about.  SMG mode is about equal to CBJ or Bizon imo, which honestly I don't think are great but aren't terrible in the same sense.  AR mode is equatable to the Maverick which yet again is good but not great or terrible.

Level 7
23 REPLIES

Re: Let's Discuss the Ripper (Not a whining thread)

in reply to LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

SMG is pretty beastly.  AR is below average. lower than Maverick

Level 2

I didn't buy into the hype and get the season pass, but there are more than enough laying on the ground after I kill the people using them to know it's a decent gun. I really like the sights on it for both versions and the fact that you can switch quickly between the variations is nice. I'm not sure about getting the new dlc yet, as so far the multiplayer maps just don't look good to me and the gun isn't worth the money. I imagine once the new factor wears off most people will go back to the old standby weapons though.

Level 14

in reply to malditor

Idk I still use the Maverick ritually now.  My favorite gun in the game since the day of release.

Level 7

In SMG mode, it seems to be very effective - along the lines of the MTAR if you use muzzle brake.  In AR mode, it isn't nearly as effective due to the slow fire rate.

The iron sights in SMG mode are very good and allow you to take 2 other very useful attachments.  The MTAR's iron sights are awful IMO and impacts your FOV way too much.  It's a good DLC weapon, not OP, but a nice progression of the gun game.

Level 16

You summed it up pretty well.  In SMG mode it's like the Bizon which most people think is a terrible gun (I did too at first) but really isn't.  In AR mode it's a low end AR.  Probably on par with the Maverick but not really better than any of the stock ARs.  For long range SMG firing it reminds me of the MTAR.  The stock recoil will pull you off target if you aren't careful but it's manageable.  The iron sights are perfect.  It's one of the very few weapons in the game in which I actually like the iron sights.  Overall I really like this weapon.  It just fits me well as an all purpose weapon.  Not the best at anything but good enough at most things for a person that knows what they are doing.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I got the Bizon gold in about 5 hours of gameplay roughly (one night of clan wars).  Fastest gun I have ever gotten gold so far.  I think it is the hidden gem in SMG's that people don't know about (even before the unnecessary buff it got).  But yea it is a good all around weapon with no glaring greatness and no glaring weakness (possibly longshots with the sway unless you run focus with it).

Level 7

Bizon is good but not the best.  People use the mtar too much.  Im.notmmad when in pick it up but I'd take the vector bizon and ripper in that order

Level 5

I Didn't get season pass but pick up after I kill people. It's very accurate on smg, I like it cause I run & gun. Next year I'll get the season pass. Maverick was great too I use it a lot too. ass me on ps4 if you play a lot I do lol whiskey_49 is my psn

Level 12

What messes with me on the Ripper is how it strafes in AR mode. See I don;t use stalker with AR's and I am so used to the slow strafing of an AR, that it throws me off when I put the Ripper in AR mode.

Level 4

Studios