Maybe you just aren't as good as you think....... warning long winded rant.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Maybe you just aren't as good as you think....... warning long winded rant.

I have played these games for years and the amount of hours played should lead to far above average play.  I have adjusted and tried everything to improve.  I have watched guys on my FL's gameplay via theater and youtube and it sticks out how easy they make it look.  I used to watch Gumps videos (bops and MW3) and they helped me quite a bit with his tips.  I watched Whytie84's videos and learned a lot about moving around the map which helped me a ton and even suggested some of my favorite classes to him only to watch him get a MOAB the next week with said class.   I watched DBLs vids and while I am a flag capping, tag grabbing whore I cannot even come remotely close to those scores even when I avoid the flag or tags like the plague.

I use kontrol freaks.

I use tactical layout

I went from a SD tv to a 55" plasma a month ago which made the game much better but did not help statistically.

I hard wire my connection and have my PS in DMZ

I try different set ups and classes that I see guys beasting with.

I move tactically, and rush at times.

I dont camp and I do camp when I need to.

I could continue the list for a long time but it all boils down to the fact that I have just over a 1 k/d no matter what I change or do.  I had games in bops2 where everything went right and I owned everyone.  I had a 76 kill game on KC, and an 82 kill game of KC.  Yet I finished bops2 with a 1.14 k/d.  Part of that is my own choices.  I will die twice to take that sniper out before he kills 6 more of my teammates.  I go negative in that instance but possibly helped my team + 5 or more if he is close to a high end streak.

I finally realized after watching my buddies 15 year old kid play the other day that I dont have the reflexes, accuracy, or sense of when to run away from a fight to stay alive.  Instead I take everyone head on even if its 3 v 1.  I miss those 2 extra shots when he landed them.  He lands the first shot faster then I would.  Either way I die he lives hence his 2.6 k/d and my 1.08.

Long post to get to my point here but I think most people feel like they are way better then they are, self included, which makes the game less enjoyable because you rarely live up to your own expectations.  I get mad when I barely go positive but math cannot be argued and thats exactly who I am.  If myself and many others would learn to embrace this the game would be much more enjoyable.

Level 23
67 REPLIES

Re: Maybe you just aren't as good as you think....... warning long winded rant.

in reply to RAMBONER

RAMBONER i wanna follow you got twitter or something oh i forgot how do i follow you on this thing lol

yes it is true my stats

BO-1.4 something never checked all these years

MW3- 2.12 with over 120,000 kills

BO2-1.88 all things diamond over 100,000 kills

Ghost-1.51

though my stats show that i am good(ya right) i know i am way below average i know if a real average players looks at my stats he will say that i am good but then when i look at them they just arnt satisfying and i get mad lol, i know i can do better but things just dont go my way,

in SHORT- people see me as good, i see myself as an average player

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

I agree with both you completely and the game is far more enjoyable when you DON'T put those kinds of pressures on yourself every game. "I must go a min of 2.00".

BO: PS3-2.06

MW3: PS3-2.04

BO2: PS3-2.12

But on Ghosts xbox one: 1.73 BUT i'm not thinking about it as much at all. I just play for the sake of playing and entertainment. I can play longer sessions because i'm not getting rageful.

Sometimes you play well and sometimes, someone else out plays you! That can be said about many things in real life as well. Great posts....

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

I have a second account where i mess around on and not care, but i realized, when you have a competitive spirit, you cant turn it off u want to do well  no matter what.. sucks, but it is what it is

Level 10

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

True but you can try and lesson the impact on your wallet in terms of buying new controllers.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

its already factored into my yearly expense lol

Level 10

in reply to RAMBONER

I do get bored with guns and constantly change up my classes and try different guns.  I also had every gun diamond in bops2 except snipers.  I couldnt finish golding one of them.   My first squad member on this game has every gun unlocked and most attachments for each since I like to try everything.  That definitely adds to my barely average stats but nights that I use only my favorite stuff I still hover just over 1-1.5 mark. 

I also wont go game after game finishing 6-2 to help my stats.  I'd rather go 12-13 and have more action.  

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

agreed i wont sit around just to pad my stats, i want action tons of action even if it cost me a death to get five intense kills

Level 20

in reply to RAMBONER

Stop whining. Seriously, I have a .59 k/d. I'm a casual player. Lucky to get a few hours in every week. I don't care. I play for fun.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

i'm pretty sure this isn't whining

Level 16

Studios