Need more bigger maps like Stonehaven, Whiteout, Stormfront

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Need more bigger maps like Stonehaven, Whiteout, Stormfront

I only play TDM and personally bigger maps means more skill & less camping to get kills. On small maps all everyone does is camp in 1 damn spot the whole match till they die then find another spot. If you join a lobby with a party on the other team or a clan they camp as a team like b_tches the whole game and because its a small map they can hold down that area really well and my teammates are always dumb enough to keep going over there feeding into the enemies killstreaks and getting destroyed. Big maps take more skill to kill players from afar instead of people spraying and praying for short range kills and if someone wants to camp there are plenty of ways to get behind them cause the map is large enough to find another way. I know many people dont like the big maps thats because you suck at long range fights and cant use most of the long range weapons. I see where the DLC's are now heading because so many people have complained about these maps being too large. Remaking old small maps that I or others never enjoyed in the first place is getting annoying. Why not remake maps like from COD Black Ops > *Array, *Jungle, *WMD, Stockpile, Zoo, Hazard. COD WW3 > Bakaara, *Vilage, *Outpost, *Mission, Interchange, Liberation, Black Box. Just a few examples * my favs. Maps i will never play or care to because they are simply too small and no one enjoys getting spawn killed on Strikezone ruined it by giving out a KEM, Free Fall everyone sits on spawns and waits, Nuketown dumbest map ever made, Dome spawns where really bad, Maps that are too small to get any kind of a killstreak going  and if you die spawning and dying instantly in front of an enemy. I know im not the only 1 who feels this way about small maps. I think bigger maps takes away from camping, spawn trapping, and being able to use sniper rifles, LMG's & assault Rifles more where real skill comes into play play instead of spraying a shotgun or sub machine gun around every corner.

Level 11
50 REPLIES

Re: Need more bigger maps like Stonehaven, Whiteout, Stormfront

in reply to JDM_DB8_VoltageB

I fully agree with you and I was disappointed to watch the Devastation DLC and find out that this was a 2nd "small to medium" map pack. I like larger maps as well, but the headless chicken rushers don't as they like to get their 1st kill in seconds after spawning. I like bigger maps as they encourage a more tactical play style.

Level 24

I find maps like Warhawk, Flooded, & Prison Break nice sized for a more tactical style of play but I also really enjoy all the Onslaught maps... except I haven`t totally decided about Ignition yet, lol.

Level 14

in reply to MidnightSpecial2

I like those maps too but not as much as i like the large maps.Those are considered good medium sized maps. But the ongoing complaints to Activision are the whiny babies that want smaller maps. Smaller maps because they cant get any kills on a big map where it requires skill not spray and pray on a small map where everyone is so close to each other. The first DLC included all small maps and now that the 2nd DLC has been mostly confirmed it also has all small maps.

Level 11

I like the large maps as well but not all the time, sometimes it's nice to have some fast paced action. I'd like to see 1 or 2 large maps, one about Warhawk sized and then another small or medium in each DLC.

Level 14

I like bigger maps myself but saying there is less camping on these is not true. I will grant you that as a lone player the size of the maps makes it harder to camp them and rack up a lot of kills but I have seen teams camp Stonehaven more than any other map.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

When maps are huge like Stonehaven if 1 person wants to camp i will call it out and no one will go over there and let that players get his 3 kills for the match or it will force that player out because he isnt getting any kills. On small maps thou everyone is confined and your forced to go that way and not avoid the camper or campers holding down an area.

Level 11

Watching the latest DLC trailer broke my heart, every time a dev starts talking about a new map they always make sure to mention that it's small to medium sized.

Personally i blame the youtubers, all they do is complain about how this game is boring etc. Just because they're lazy and don't like to do any work to get kills.

If you want stupidly small maps where people just run like headless chickens into your bullets then go play BLOPS 2

Level 4

in reply to a-n-other

I saw the new DLC preview myself and was like WTF more small maps and now your remaking Dome. 1 of the worst maps ever made in my opinion it was just too small to even respawn. Looks like Infinity Ward is following in the footsteps of Treyarch. BLOPS 2 was insane with shotgun and sub machine dominance. Pissed me off because i use Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles mostly. I never rush im a conservative player and small maps makes you rush or the enemy will spawn behind you and that not how i like to play. Anyone can run around randomly spraying a shotgun or sub machine gun on a map and get random kills. Doesnt take much skill at all. And you cant build up high killstreaks playing like that which ruined BLOPS2 because all the good streaks where set way too high for TDM.

Level 11

Big map vs small maps

Big maps have advantages for marksman, snipers, assault rifles and lmg.

Smaller maps have advantages for smg and shotguns, lmg, qs, ar, lmg

The point is... there should be a variety that satisfies all players and what weapons they use.

Regarding the campers in small maps... that isn't a problem because they can be found easily and quick.

Well... finding a camper on a big map is like playing where's waldo on a cereal box. Would take upto a minute sometimes to spot one.

I remember one time on white out. Enemy team left and two remained. 3 minutes we were searching for them. One was in the bathroom in the cottage. The other was proned on the near the docks. They weren't shooting... just hiding.

So I am not to sure how you claim campers to be less of a problem in bigger maps rather than smaller maps.

Level 10

Studios