New Maps & Rotation?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

New Maps & Rotation?

How long does it take for new maps to go into regular rotation? I got BO2 when it was released but I don't remember how that worked.

I don't like that they mix the game modes together in a separate Onslaught category from the regular rotation. 

Level 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Maps & Rotation?

in reply to Alky6
Solution
‎28-02-2014 09:16 AM

I'm guessing about a month. They're still not on Xbox. Maybe now that Ps has them they will.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador
4 REPLIES

in reply to Alky6
Solution
‎28-02-2014 09:16 AM

I'm guessing about a month. They're still not on Xbox. Maybe now that Ps has them they will.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Alky6

It might be the years of drug abuse, but I seem to remember on BO2 that the maps were in regular rotation right away and were more likely to pop up if you had a party of 6, all with the DLC. And then there was also a DLC playlist for those who wanted to stick to only the DLC.

I don't know why it is different on Ghosts nor understand why, on XBOX still, it is not in their regular rotation.

Personally, if I was Activision, I would have the maps in regular rotation right away and if a DLC map gets voted on, and that someone doesn't have the map, it finds a new lobby for that player/team.

Level 40
Highlighted

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I have to wonder if its the lower player count (I should have specified Xbox one) or what. There has to be a way to desperate the haves from the have nots. Its not like w@w where if you didn't have the map it kicked that person. Now bit even says dlc blah blah disabled. So and so doesn't have the map(s).

Activision Ambassador

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I might be wrong but in BO2 I think they had the popular game modes in the DLC section but they were all Core. I play 99% HC and found that great in the Ghosts DLC section but I hate that they rotate the game modes. I don't like KC or S&D so I have to keep backing out of lobbies till I find TDM.

If Xbox hasn't put them in rotation till now, a month seems to be the answer.  I appreciate the input folks. 

Level 22

Studios