Operations Frustration - Is there anything i can do?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Operations Frustration - Is there anything i can do?

Hi,

I have suffered problems with operations since launch, I'm sure I'm not alone with this. However, I have a BIG frustration with my problems!

Firstly, some background - the original operations contained the free-for-all victor (step 1), which i completed to unlock the bronze clown patch.

Since then, I have played and won over 100 free-for-all games, but the step 2 and step 3 challenges have remained locked, but seemed to be active (they show my progress as 10/15 for example, which is odd as the step 1 only required 5) but these do not progress.

As an attempt to kick my operations into life, i used the option to 'unlock new operations' - This has now resulted in the free-for-all step 2 and 3 challenges being listed as 'inactive', rather than showing my progress towards them.

To repeat myself again , this is really frustrating, as I have technically completed the challenges, but I now seem to have stopped myself from being able to achieve these at all.

Now the actual question(s): is there anything I can do to improve things in my situation? Will I be able to eventually unlock these 'inactive' operations?

Is it just me, or is the new operations system far inferior to previous iterations of the challenge system? Blops 2 had many flaws, but challenges were ok, and MW3 was ideal.

Level 3
12 REPLIES

Re: Operations Frustration - Is there anything i can do?

in reply to flobot841

I'm suffering from the same issue. e.g. grip, I always have a grip on. 1at tier (120 kills with grip is completed). in the badge area it shows I'm at 240/470 kills for the next one with grip, but I already should have completed this operation as I always go with grip, same problem with other operations.

Level 3

in reply to eMeLMusic

Most operations have 3 tiers.  Bronze = 120 kills  Silver = 350 kills and Gold=500 kills.  When you see the running total of 240/470 that is the running total of bronze and silver combined. When you get to tier 3/gold you running total will show  say 510/970.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Capt_Teabagger

Ah ok now I got it, thx for taking the time. have a good day

Level 3

in reply to flobot841

You might just be bugged, Delete the game cache and see if that helps.

But keep in mind that to have an operation active it needs to be listed somewhere in the 50 you currently have. If its not active anything you do won't result in any progress towards it.  And any operation you really want to keep when you go to purchase new ones needs to be on the page showing just the 5 operations or when you purchase new ones it has a chance of going into the inactive group.

Level 5

OK I'll look it up thanks for the respond.

Level 3

Hi,

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by clearing the game cache?

Do you mean the game data utility? If not, would you mind explaining further?

Cheers!

Level 3

in reply to flobot841

Yes the game data utility sometimes deleting it will clear up some in game problems.

Level 5

in reply to flobot841

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to let you know that this matter is currently being looked into. At this time I do not have an ETA on a fix but will keep you looped in once I hear something.

Thanks all,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to flobot841

There aren't any problems with the operations any more. When the patch was released any operations completed became locked at the current tier if they had already been completed. For example if you had completed the TDM challenge tier 1 then unless you had won a TD match that applied towards your tier 2 objective it was no longer available to complete. When you complete an objective they reset, they no longer stack as in previous versions. If you want to unlock an inactive operation you must either use a squad point to purchase a new loadout or wait until they reset on their own.

Level 2

Studios