PS3 Call of Duty Ghosts graphics are awful for some reason

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

PS3 Call of Duty Ghosts graphics are awful for some reason

Don't mistake the title, I'm not saying THE graphics are bad for everyone, just that for some reason it looks like PS2 graphics on my TV/PS3. I recently played quite a few games on my PS3 including GTA V, Beyond Two Souls and Assassin's Creed 4, and they were all beautiful and amazing looking graphic wise.

I don't know if COD Ghosts are supposed to look the way it is on my TV, but it looks outright awful. I simply cannot play this game as it almost looks blurry and I don't believe it's intended to be like this.

(As far as I know) My TV is a 32 inch Samsung HDTV which I have had for quite some years, and as I said before it has been perfect with the other games I mentioned. I'm using a HDMI for the PS3 and I've been messing around with the setting on the PS3 and have tried 1080p, 1080i and 720p with absolutely no difference. When I open the game, my TV shows in the top corner "1920x1080p 60Hz" so I'm guessing that's what the game is running on.

I'm really not good with this TV stuff as this is my first console (only had it for about a year) and I hope to see some reasonable replies confirming that it's not the game that looks the way it does. I played all the older CODs on PC and they all looked good, now buying the first one for a console to get a game that looks like it was made in 2008 or so is a dissapointment, which is why I'm hoping theres a explanation.

I hope you can help me with this ,thanks!

Level 1
42 REPLIES

Re: PS3 Call of Duty Ghosts graphics are awful for some reason

in reply to jught

I don't know why not many people find this disgusting but i too have the same problem, the game actually looks horrible, worse than mw3, at least with mw3 i can see people but with this game everything is blurry that i can't make out the enemy most of the time. The graphics overall look so cartoon like its hard to even concentrate and whenever someone posts this issue it gets completely ignored. I don't understand

Level 6

in reply to Catfishbillyy1

So it's not just me, damn. That kinda dissapoints me..

Level 1

in reply to jught

I'm just amazed that no one is noticing it right now, the second i started playing i can tell the game was not sharp at all. I can see it that way for a wii-u but not for ps3.

Level 6

I find it unplayable. I think I'll try and return the game to the store to see if I can get a PC version. If not then just buy it again I suppose. sigh

Level 1

in reply to jught

I'm on the forums now because i can't play it, i have to focus too much it starts giving me a headache

Level 6

yeah, I hope there's some way to make it better lol

Level 1

in reply to jught

I had a feeling like I played it on Wii Smiley Frustrated

Level 7

in reply to jught

The exact same thing happen when black ops 2 released see link to forum post below, hopefully IW are aware of this and get patch out ASAP.

Blurry/dull/low res textures only on the PS3...? (Patch 1.02?)

reading back back over this I remember a few of the people deleted the patch and tried the game without the patch installed which fixed the problem (not ideal as you can't play online without patch) has anyone tried this, I will give it a go tonight.

update: just deleted the patch to give this a go before work and it didn't change anything game still looks poor and I need to install all DLC again so don't bother trying it! Fingers crossed for a patch!

Level 1

in reply to jught
Level 1

Studios