PS4 Headsets

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

PS4 Headsets

Hey everyone...

I need a new headset for PS4. I know a lot of them available for PS3 are not compatible with PS4, like the one I own now. I think I want to go all in and get a wireless surround sound headset unlike the wired stereo one I have now, depending on the price. I LOVED sound whoring in MW3, but I tried with little success to sound whore in BO2. Anyway, I need to have this advantage the second I power on my new PS4 and play Ghosts for the first time. So my question is: which headset are you getting for PS4? Reply with a link of one you ordered or want, etc. Thanks.

Level 6
42 REPLIES

Re: PS4 Headsets

in reply to TurkeySlayer

im pretty sure the astra a50 will work fine on ps4 becquse of its method of connection, ie usb and optical

Level 1

in reply to 1shot2kilz

From what I have read, I concur. I bought A40s because my Sony Pulse (go figure) are not supported yet.

Activision Ambassador

I read today that the Pulse will work with a USB to 3.5mm adapter plugged into the DS4.   I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. I'll post the results.

Level 4

in reply to PhraseUniverse

That is interesting.  Is the Pulse or Pulse elite.  I ask because the USB dongle I have with my pulse plugs into the console itself. I am curious about the configuration.

I imagine you would have to marry the Headset to a USB thing, which has a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the controller. ok... And then I guess one uses the speaker in the DS4 for chat?

Very interested to see how this works mate.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to PhraseUniverse

px51 from turtle beach work great.

Level 1

Yea i tried my pulse today and no go.  Will they patch it to work.  Really don't want to buy a different set since these r only 6mths old.

Level 4

in reply to TurkeySlayer

As far as I understand most headsets will support audio at launch but no voice which will be patched in later.  This includes the Sony headsets and Astros.  I have the Sony Wireless and they are decent for the price no complaints but no real 'wow' factor.  The Sony pulse I had for a bit but returned them as they seemed a bit small or tight for me but overall a good headset.

Personally I'm going with Astro A40s.  The mixamp is one of the best around and is seperate unlike the A50s.  Pricey yes but if you use them day in and day out , you get good value.

Level 3

in reply to AshKillem

from what I read usb headsets should work for chat after you install the day one patch 1.50.  Before that it will be audio only via the optical cable. 

Level 4

in reply to TurkeySlayer

I'm getting the PX4 turtle beaches, they work day one and are (with tax) $171.19 at GameStop.

Level 1

Studios