Ping Compensation horrible on ps4 needs adjustment

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Ping Compensation horrible on ps4 needs adjustment

the ps4 ping or lag compensation is so off its like i either kill everyone and cant be killed or i cant get a kill at all unless the guy isnt looking when i shoot him.

on the ps3 its perfect and very consistent. the problem is they tuned both games to the same compensation

ill explain:

when the game loads it checks everyone's ping, my ping is about 20 ms. if there is a guy with a 150ms ping i will get a delay of 130ms to make it equal so the fastest connection wont always be the boss. its supposed to level out the game play.

the tuning on ps3 is fine because the low graphics setting.

the tuning on the ps4 is extremely bad because of the high graphics it needs one of 2 things

1. increase the health on ps4 to 130% which is about one extra bullet but it totally makes the game play even. OR

2. adjust the compensation separately for the ps4. cant use the same settings as ps3 needs compensation adjustment.

or hook up a cell phone hotspot for the internet and then you will get the instant bullet fire and the other guys with good connections will have the delay.

i have tested high ms ping with my hotspot and it was like shooting people not moving. 15 and 1 KD on search with hotspot

1 and 8 KD with cable connection. gotta go back to black ops until they address this or just wait for the real deal in november. this game is still a beta as far as im concerned.

get rid of infinity ward. you lost all the good guys after mw2 and since then infinty ward has second class developers who were so lazy they used the same engine from mw3 that engine was developed in 2009 5 years ago and its still in use un reaaaaalllll

Level 17
91 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Ping Compensation horrible on ps4 needs adjustment

in reply to Robaboa1

ps3 works better with cable then hotspot ping. but ps4 the crappiest internet wins

Level 17

in reply to Robaboa1

is there anyway to check the ping on ps4?

Level 1

in reply to winterwindz

I usually just take the CoD disc out of the PS4, throw it against a wall and see how long it takes to bounce back to me. May take a few tries and may also cause disc damage, Not advisable to try this if you like CoD Ghosts.

Level 2

in reply to Smelly-Armpits

only i don't use physical disc lol

Level 1

in reply to winterwindz

Then throw your PS4 at the wall.

Level 2

in reply to Robaboa1

that is not haow "lag compensation works" it does NOT compensate

your post with respect just reads like a diatribe of wrong information

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I wish people would do just a bit of research before posting more misinformation out about lag compensation.

Level 18

in reply to claisty

thats is exactly how p2p connections work. maybe you should not google crap but go to school and actually learn.

the compensation works that way in all p2p gaming. (when someones machine is the host machine)

another thing did you notice that when you get killed you only see and hear maybe 2 bullets??? but the kill cam shows the guy shooting you with 10 bullets. if i had heard the first 8 bullets i would have lived.

this is the only way they could get the game to play smoothly. Its a joke

This is caused by that 2009 engine thats still running the game. joke. im glad this software is now end on life status.

Level 17

in reply to Robaboa1

Lag Problem?

Check towards the bottom for a couple articles and videos which do a very good job of explaining how lag compensation works with the current game engine.  I've been to school and have been a successful systems engineer for about 18 years now, so there's no need to question my capacity to learn or comprehend how lag compensation works.

If you don't feel like reading the thread then I can shorten its content down:  There will always be lag in online gaming, but even with the current engine it doesn't take the slowest common denominator and punish others with that same speed.

Level 18

Studios