Ping Compensation horrible on ps4 needs adjustment

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Ping Compensation horrible on ps4 needs adjustment

in reply to claisty

Does not take a genius to figure out that the biggest most serious problem with this game is the really horrid lag which is caused by very poor matchmaking!  Yes! if you are getting killed by one bullet from an SMG and kill cam shows hitting you with 5 or 6.  Yes when you unload a clip on a player and he turns around and kills you with one shot.  Yes, when the game consistantly puts you in a game where the game is 2 to 1 in k/d against.  All bag lag and matchmaking.

I propose a new way of matchmaking.  Why not match according to K/D averages.  In my experience anyone with better then 2 k/d has a really poor connection and is consistantly dominating.  I do not want to be matched up with those players.  If you have speeds of 3 to 15 uploads and less then 1 download with pings of over 30! YOU have a poor connection. I am certain you are the kind of player that dominates and is enjoying this game.  Tell me Im wrong!

DO NOT TELL ME its because they are just better skilled!! That is a serious load of crap.  Everything I just mentioned above in respect to lag and matchmaking is what I see everytime I play with guys with 2 k/d and above!

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to onlineace

I agree with online ace , everything you posted is what I see and deal with when I play , but I also play matches where enemies don't show on my screen so I get shot and see nothing but bullets, I have a wired 50 meg download 10 meg upload  and the game is still just as bad as it was before . Cheaters are purposely setting there router to 2 meg connection so they can take advantage of lag compensation and poor servers .

Level 4

in reply to cb765

Your bandwidth has nothing to do with it. Online gaming has been around for a while now. You'd think the general population would know the difference between bandwidth and ping. But I guess not.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Your bandwidth has nothing to do with it.THEN WHY AM I HOST?

Level 3

in reply to scottfc

Because your PING is better ?

Level 72

in reply to scottfc

Actually bandwidth plays a role...but only up to 1.5ish Mb. Yet, I think they actually use a worst case scenario for hosting. Where they actually use a high ping host vs. making the lowest ping guy the host and clients needing to meet up to a certain threshold (ms) to be in that lobby.

Level 59

in reply to scottfc

Funny that this thread needed 6 pages worth of replies.

This isn't rocket science. Most i've ever seen online on ps4 ghost is 30k. Why are you surprised that not every game runs perfectly?

Don't even need a networking degree to figure out longer distances = longer travel times.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

Interesting, I haven't seen under 45k since Xmas.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to avengedyesterda

Hey! I haven't seen you in a while Shoot me a FR n the PS4.

esmorgue

Level 59

in reply to onlineace

"Speeds of 3 to 15 uploads and less than one download with pings over 30!" Was enough to tell me you have no clue.

Activision Ambassador

Studios