Players moving over to next-gen having an effect on PS3 users..

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Players moving over to next-gen having an effect on PS3 users..

will this start having an effect on us ps3 users?

will matchmaking become awful?

Are us that are left behind going to be playing more matches against poorer countries with inferior internet?

I know when PS4 comes to the UK next week, I will no longer be playing against most of my friends list.

Level 16
18 REPLIES

Re: Players moving over to next-gen having an effect on PS3 users..

in reply to sdredger

I Don't think ill even both with ghost after the awful ps3 experience. Think ill play battle field 4

Level 2

in reply to GameOverBucko

BOther

Level 2

in reply to sdredger

I was asking this to myself aswell. A lil bit different but almost the same. I don't trust in the stability of the psn, cause it's (imo the worst one when it comes to connection stability). I'm  already wondering if we're affected by the next gen right now, as it was released few days ago in usa. for few days now I'm suffering from terrible connections every is delayed extremly. Switchin/reloading weapons, throwing grenades and knifes, picking up ammo and killing the opposite almost takes an entire clip. This way it's not competive and I'm ending with quiting the game.

Level 3

in reply to sdredger

Yes, as people move to next-gen, the current gen player base will dwindle, causing suboptimal matchmaking. The key is to time your move with most other players. PS3 appears to be averaging 200,000 a night, while I've heard that PS4 is averaging 30,000. These numbers will shift.

Level 3

in reply to Unterhopft

I've been seeing about 40k on multiplayer 20k on squads and another 20k on extinction on ps4.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

i guess the people that have the PS4's are richer(generally) (or at least the kids who plays parents are) and would expect them to have top line broadband also, so the connectivity issues wont be as noticeable on PS4

Level 16

in reply to Unterhopft

I don't think ps4 is going to be as big of a hit as everyone thinks. I don't know anyone that has one. I would expect only about 20% of online players to make the switch to ps4 this yr.

Level 1

in reply to sdredger

I see no point in buying the same game for two systems, so even if I do get a PS4, I won;t bother buying ghosts for it. I'll just play it on PS3.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

It's only $10 to upgrade to the PS4 version if you've already got the PS3 one.  Not a bad deal.

Level 1

Studios