Problems with Call of Duty that makes Ghosts poor....

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Problems with Call of Duty that makes Ghosts poor....

TDM - No requirement to ever leave where you are hiding. You need to shoot someone 5/6 times to kill them. If you camp, which 70% of people do, Hardcore will favour you even more.

Heavy Duty - Excellent for making the game even more unrealistic. 10 bullets to kill someone. Oh dear.

Cranked - would be excellent if people stopped hiding. Yet if you hide, you can't get 30 seconds death so you need to find the 2 people on the opposing team that actually kill someone and need to kill in 30 seconds. Ruined for this reason.

Blitz - rewards the campers. They can then sit near their base and given 80% of your team doesn't care about anything - because the kid with his 0.4 K/D ratio needs to protect it, you will most likely find yourself to be the only one attempting to get near the enemies base.

Search and Rescue - a game where everyone on your team does not seem to understand that if they pick up your tags, you get re-spawned. More than likely, you will watch a 'team member' sit 2m's away from them and will not dare to move out of their 'comfort zone'.

Search and Destroy - it seems some people don't understand that the maps points A and B favour the attacking side sometimes, so they run to pick up the bomb to then hide in a corner. Again, trying to win is not important, protecting your lame K/D ratio is.

Infected - A game where on each level 50% of those that are not infected hide in a favourable position. You then have to contend with the fact if you aren't infected that despite point blank those infected, they are able to knife facing 180 degrees away from where you are, yet the kill cam will rub it in your face they were facing you and you hadn't fired your gun.

Kill confirmed - a game where everyone hides and doesn't bother collecting the opposing teams tags because they need to protect their awful K/D ratio. If you have 1 other person on your team that cares about winning, you win.

Domination - the only protecting/taking of bases occurs in the first 5 seconds. After that, it appears no one is interested in the point of the game (see above for reasoning).

Free-for-all - Generally involves 1 person that is good, dominating the level and 7 other people hiding. It doesn't work as the best person gets all the kills while the others are afraid to move.

Other issues -

1. Anything that isn't hardcore is so unreal, it is embarrassing. multiple bullets to the head. No death.Hmm.

2. The maps - they need to stop creating maps for the pussies. Stop creating loads of windows. It encourages those of limited ability to never move when there are 0.5 million hiding spots.

3. Why is infected the only game that works that encourages action? No other game seems inclined to perpetuate action.

I have so many ideas for games that could make this 10x better. Or would at least cater for those that are interested in action and those that interested in not dying. Yet what I have found is that COD now rewards those that stay in corners personally, and penalises those that want to win because you are stuck with a bunch of lame arses half the time.

Could it not be tiered to general play?

Before anyone starts moaning, I have a 1.44 K/D even with these complaints and am in a clan in the platinum division.

To me, the first MW will always be the best because the map sizes were perfect. If the game continues to be too expansive, it will lose those that enjoyed the pureness of COD and will end up creating the most boring of games to be a part of.

1 minute of toggling between your teammates is enough to make made you cook a grenade and blow yourself up at present.

It needs sorting.

Level 2
67 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Problems with Call of Duty that makes Ghosts poor....

in reply to swanpappa

I feel the same way. I don't get why people buy the game if all they're going to do is set up their tent in corners along with their little camp fire and wait the whole time. All they do is just ruin the game for everyone else.

Level 1

in reply to nothinbutanobod

Totally agree as you can tell.

If they want expansive maps then go and play Battlefield. Battlefield is strategic though.

COD built their franchise on running and gunning. I am not saying through everything out the window and run round like a headless chicken but the game is infested with corner sitters and spawn killers.

Rectify this problem!!!!!

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

It must be who you are playing with:

TDM: Games are over in about 9 minutes for my clan and its because we mow campers down

KC: Games over in about 6 minutes for my clan and its because we race each other to tags to win

Blitz: Games over in about 5 minutes because we are running hard to win

Search Modes: We work together and usually win it in about 5 rounds.

Domination: We run to cap all 3 flags and usually win 200 to <100

It sounds like the problem you are having is the people you play with and not the game. Find others who have a similar playstyle to you and the way you want to win and the winning team controls the flow of the match. It's up to you to make the change; don't hope IW will do it for you.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

What is your clan then?

My clan is QKz - Our top boy is 3/1 over every game.

It isn't the clan, though the clan I play in doesn't cater for my needs exactly, it is more the general consensus of users that now play the game.

To me, they should have a COD for pussies and a COD for proper gamers.

I just can't find a game that doesn't help those that are lame/campers.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

Why do you need to know what my clan is? You can't see how we play by knowing its name.

If you feel the clan isn't your problem, then you playing with your clan should run roughshot over campers. Campers stay in one area and as a clan, you should be able to communicate with your clan the campers location and destroy them. Then destroy them again as they attempt to run to another area. Rinse and repeat.

Heck, Jason Voorhees sees the way we destroy campers and has tried to join our clan because even he realized working together as a group, it's easier to destroy campers than it is to run solo.

And what makes you think that the way you play COD is the proper way to play?

Level 40

When did I say it is the proper way to play? I play the way the franchise was introduced to this world.

Since then, they clearly cater for you and your clans needs.

You don't want to challenge our clan, or are not willing to tell me of your clan, then it is more than likely that you don't have a clan.

Yet 95% of the clan I am in have positive K/D ratio's and they are tired, as am I that having moved away from MW1, the franchise has encouraged numpties like you more and more.

If you weren't 1, you couldn't defend.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

"To me, they should have a COD for ******* and a COD for proper gamers." That is what you said.

And why would I even care to challenge your clan? We don't play to challenge clans, we play to hang out and win. That is it. Bragging rights are subjective and mean nothing. And just because I don't name my clan, it doesn't mean I don't have one. What are you, 12? A simple player search for "TheBeastlyDude" and you can actually see what clan I am in.

It's nice that 95% of your clan has positive K/D ratios, our clan has 69% positive K/D ratios and yet we have no problem killing campers or playing this game. Keep getting mad at this game; when I get off work, I will go have fun, kill campers and win my platinum clan war while you sulk about campers being too tough for you to handle that you got to make a post about it.

Level 40

Ha ha - heard it all now. You're in a clan. Yet you don't care if you win.

Erm - earth to TheBeastlyDude - you can't have a clan if you don't have a clan name. Bellend.

Maybe go back and read my original post. Then comment because you have missed the point wholeheartedly.

12? I have pubes older than 12 years old.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

Where did I say that I don't care if I win? I said I play to hang out with friends and win. If I play to win, it's most likely means that I care about winning.

What makes you think my clan doesn't have a name?

I seriously doubt you have any body hair that is older than 12 years since body hair naturally replaces itself after a few months but never mind basic science that one learns in school when they are older than 12.

Level 40

Studios