Problems with Call of Duty that makes Ghosts poor....

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Problems with Call of Duty that makes Ghosts poor....

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

'And just because I don't name my clan'.

I rest my case.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

Name my clan as in say its name. That's basic English there. The way I use the word "name" is used quite frequently on these boards as in "you're not allowed to name and shame cheaters".

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

What?

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

thebeastltdudes clan is called MBQ and there rubbish (stat wise) lol hope that helps,

in future just go on the app and search there id most use the same name on forums anyways.

Level 1

in reply to Fariko_Puk

Exactly, it's so simple to check that I don't need to name my clan. We are rubbish stat wise and that's fine. Like I said, we play to hang and to win. We accomplish our goals just fine and that's all the matters.

Level 40

in reply to swanpappa

swanpappa wrote:

TDM - No requirement to ever leave where you are hiding. You need to shoot someone 5/6 times to kill them. If you camp, which 70% of people do, Hardcore will favour you even more.

Heavy Duty - Excellent for making the game even more unrealistic. 10 bullets to kill someone. Oh dear.

Cranked - would be excellent if people stopped hiding. Yet if you hide, you can't get 30 seconds death so you need to find the 2 people on the opposing team that actually kill someone and need to kill in 30 seconds. Ruined for this reason.

Blitz - rewards the campers. They can then sit near their base and given 80% of your team doesn't care about anything - because the kid with his 0.4 K/D ratio needs to protect it, you will most likely find yourself to be the only one attempting to get near the enemies base.

Search and Rescue - a game where everyone on your team does not seem to understand that if they pick up your tags, you get re-spawned. More than likely, you will watch a 'team member' sit 2m's away from them and will not dare to move out of their 'comfort zone'.

Search and Destroy - it seems some people don't understand that the maps points A and B favour the attacking side sometimes, so they run to pick up the bomb to then hide in a corner. Again, trying to win is not important, protecting your lame K/D ratio is.

Infected - A game where on each level 50% of those that are not infected hide in a favourable position. You then have to contend with the fact if you aren't infected that despite point blank those infected, they are able to knife facing 180 degrees away from where you are, yet the kill cam will rub it in your face they were facing you and you hadn't fired your gun.

Kill confirmed - a game where everyone hides and doesn't bother collecting the opposing teams tags because they need to protect their awful K/D ratio. If you have 1 other person on your team that cares about winning, you win.

Domination - the only protecting/taking of bases occurs in the first 5 seconds. After that, it appears no one is interested in the point of the game (see above for reasoning).

Free-for-all - Generally involves 1 person that is good, dominating the level and 7 other people hiding. It doesn't work as the best person gets all the kills while the others are afraid to move.

Other issues -

1. Anything that isn't hardcore is so unreal, it is embarrassing. multiple bullets to the head. No death.Hmm.

2. The maps - they need to stop creating maps for the *******. Stop creating loads of windows. It encourages those of limited ability to never move when there are 0.5 million hiding spots.

3. Why is infected the only game that works that encourages action? No other game seems inclined to perpetuate action.

I have so many ideas for games that could make this 10x better. Or would at least cater for those that are interested in action and those that interested in not dying. Yet what I have found is that COD now rewards those that stay in corners personally, and penalises those that want to win because you are stuck with a bunch of lame arses half the time.

Could it not be tiered to general play?

Before anyone starts moaning, I have a 1.44 K/D even with these complaints and am in a clan in the platinum division.

To me, the first MW will always be the best because the map sizes were perfect. If the game continues to be too expansive, it will lose those that enjoyed the pureness of COD and will end up creating the most boring of games to be a part of.

1 minute of toggling between your teammates is enough to make made you cook a grenade and blow yourself up at present.

It needs sorting.

looks like you should just find something else to play...nothing you mentioned above is going to change, in fact, most of it is subjective and debatable...

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to ctfw529

It isn't subjective. It is fact. Yet most wouldn't complain because they hide in corners as well.

Maybe that i the realism of the game nowadays but don't portray it to be something it isn't.

I just don't understand how the creator has moved it further and further from its roots, when it is moving more towards a game where the first team that kill 1 opponent wins. Because I am not prepared to look in every corner for every metre I move.

That, my friend, makes it ridiculous.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

swanpappa wrote:

It isn't subjective. It is fact. Yet most wouldn't complain because they hide in corners as well.

Maybe that i the realism of the game nowadays but don't portray it to be something it isn't.

I just don't understand how the creator has moved it further and further from its roots, when it is moving more towards a game where the first team that kill 1 opponent wins. Because I am not prepared to look in every corner for every metre I move.

That, my friend, makes it ridiculous.

it's subjective because what you're saying does not happen every match, at all. for example, i played a lot of cranked last night for the clan war, not in one single match was there massive "hiding" like you claim. i had to adjust my speed class perks by going with a sub-machine gun just to make myself a little quicker. so, there's that "fact" disproved.

you're complaining about things that have been in almost every COD since it was just called call of duty and was only on the PC. it seems like you're main complaint is people camping. well, guess what, if that's their playstyle, so be it. either adjust your game or move onto something else. yes, there's camping, it's nothing new. is there more camping in this than previous titles? yes, there is. doesn't change the fact that it's still on you to adjust for it.

if *you're* not prepared to check corners, that's on you, no one else.

it's moving away from it's "roots" because it's what people have been asking for the last few years. people have been asking for larger maps and less intensive killstreaks. well, now they listened, you just don't like it.

and "realism"? it's a video game...if it was based in reality, trust me, you would be bored out of your mind. i did 2 combat tours in my time in the Army, and you'd be sitting around telling lies and trading whore-stories all day long with a 4-6 hour patrol thrown in every few days.

"To me, they should have a COD for ******* and a COD for proper gamers.

I just can't find a game that doesn't help those that are lame/campers." - really? this is one of the most selfish things i've ever heard on here. do you not understand that all types of people want to play these games *and* that acti/IW want all types of people to play these games? who cares if they get a little help every once and awhile? they are in the business of making money, the more people who play the game, the better it is for them, they're not in business to only satisfy you.

seems to me that my original point stands, either adjust or move onto something else. there are plenty of hardcore PC shooters that will give you what you're after. go check out some ARMA, that'll fulfill your "pro" needs.

Level 7

in reply to ctfw529

Nothing I have said is subjective. It is based on fact.

Let me pick you apart:

'i played a lot of cranked last night for the clan war' - yes you were in a clan war. See my point earlier. bellend.

'you're complaining about things that have been in almost every COD since it was just called call of duty and was only on the PC' - MW1 wasn't like this in Modern Warfare 1 because the maps were not expansive enough. Nowadays, and from what you have said, they cater for children or for those not fast enough to run in to a head on confrontation.

Check every corner. Oh wow. What a great game that is. Considering within in 10m's of each map there is 30, I might take half an hour to progress over the map.

It's a video game is it? I hadn't noticed. I had though I was fighting the Americans on various maps in real time, but cheers for enlightening me.

Like others, you can't see why the creator of the game wouldn't want to cater for those that want to play purely skilled games and those that want to spend their time doing nothing?

Quite clearly you are in the latter eschelons and therefore are no longer worthy of my time. Enjoy counting corners.

Level 2

in reply to swanpappa

swanpappa wrote:

Nothing I have said is subjective. It is based on fact.

Let me pick you apart:

'i played a lot of cranked last night for the clan war' - yes you were in a clan war. See my point earlier. bellend.

'you're complaining about things that have been in almost every COD since it was just called call of duty and was only on the PC' - MW1 wasn't like this in Modern Warfare 1 because the maps were not expansive enough. Nowadays, and from what you have said, they cater for children or for those not fast enough to run in to a head on confrontation.

Check every corner. Oh wow. What a great game that is. Considering within in 10m's of each map there is 30, I might take half an hour to progress over the map.

It's a video game is it? I hadn't noticed. I had though I was fighting the Americans on various maps in real time, but cheers for enlightening me.

Like others, you can't see why the creator of the game wouldn't want to cater for those that want to play purely skilled games and those that want to spend their time doing nothing?

Quite clearly you are in the latter eschelons and therefore are no longer worthy of my time. Enjoy counting corners.

wow! you're a crybaby! you can't even have people counter your argument without resorting to insults... you've insulted almost every person in here that doesn't agree with you. you've just assumed people are campers *just* because they don't share your opinion. speaks volumes on your character and why you're getting so upset here.

anyway, what does me playing in a clan war have to do with anything? it was still cranked. it wasn't clan v clan, not everyone in those matches was in the clan war, bellend...

so, there was no camping in MW1? really? if i type in "camping in modern warfare 1" into youtube, you know what i get? "about 115,000 results"...so, yeah, there's another one of your "facts" disproved...

i brought up the realism point because you're the one who originally asked "where's the realism" bellend.

no, see, that's the thing, i can see EXACTLY why they do the things they do, to make money by selling the game to as many people as possible, which means they have to cater a bit to every single player and playtype, all the while trying to keep a good balance. hey, at least they got rid of deathstreaks, right?

and, look, another insult. what, you can't take it when someone else has i different viewpoint than you? see, the simple fact is, is that you're just another sore loser, whining, crybaby that expects everyone to conform to you and your playstyle. you'd probably still cry about something if the other teams kept walking in front of your optics...we've seen you before...

oh, and by the way, what's your actual gamertag or PSNid? i mean, it's only fair, you're asking other people for info to check stats, why not let us check yours? bellend.

Level 7

Studios