Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

Looks like activision lied to everyone quickscoping is 100% in ghosts watched my m8 get a quad feed tonight on Dom and also seen host migration. Why would they say there's no QS and dedicated servers ?

Level 12
26 REPLIES

Re: Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

in reply to eleven1181

eleven1181 wrote:

Looks like activision lied to everyone quickscoping is 100% in ghosts watched my m8 get a quad feed tonight on Dom and also seen host migration. Why would they say there's no QS and dedicated servers ?

is the game out? no there's you're answer to one part the second where did IW ever say you couldn't qs ..

Level 75

in reply to eleven1181

A Guy from activision said in a interview a month or 2 ago it's on YouTube can't remember his name, that they had removed QS and that it would not be in ghosts. A Los can't believe they said we were getting dedicated servers, am I right in thinking it's impossible to get host migration on dedicated servers ?

Level 12

in reply to eleven1181

Just quoting from Mark Rubin (Executive Producer at IW):

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/376064752390516736

If you read the bolded part, he didn't exactly say it had been completely removed.

I don't agree with quickscoping being viable in COD but just by reading between the lines of what Mark said, I had my doubts that quickscoping would not be possible.

About dedicated servers, I'm assuming they won't be live until the game is officially released.

Level 51

in reply to eleven1181

As far as I understood, the dedicated servers will be a mixture of regular hosting as we know it and dedicated servers as we've been promised.

Why they went this route? I don't know.

Level 6

in reply to eleven1181

They probably said there are dedicated servers because there are dedicated servers, but they are only used for competitions.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to eleven1181

The game hasn't been officially released, so stop complaining.

There will be a mix of dedicated servers and player hosting.  I had six months on BO2 under DS with not a single host migration.  All that time others were still complaining about host migrations, so not everyone will benefit.

As for quick scoping, I don't like it, but get over it and learn to cope with it.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Your missing the point they told us we were getting dedicated servers they never said anything about regular hosting and have you seen the QS videos yet ? If not you should take a look they look crazy OP and before you say anything I can QS myself pretty gd cause it takes zero skill unless you call tapping l1 r1 skill.

Level 12

in reply to eleven1181

they also said there was no theatre mode in ghost or any type of eSport there's two more lies coz there is, also I would bet ya money that the dedi servers won't come into force until the xbox one comes out, even people on the 360 side are complain about not having dedis

Level 13

Re: Re: Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

in reply to eleven1181

eleven1181 wrote:

Your missing the point they told us we were getting dedicated servers they never said anything about regular hosting

They did state there is regular hosting or in technical terms, "listen servers". It's a hybrid system where you will have an option of using dedicated servers or listen servers.

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.

Twitter / IWMarkRubin: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY ...

Level 51

Studios