Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Quickscoping is back and no dedicated servers

in reply to eleven1181

The advantage of having to start work early , I was asleep while everyone was lined up

Still on the fence about buying it,maybe this series is dead to me

Level 4

in reply to eleven1181

The snipers are just as bad or maybe even worse than BO2 and MW3,
quickscoping,  hitmarkers 3 feet above your head or to the left of right of you, but you still die.....guess I shoulda known...

Level 9

in reply to eleven1181

Im sorry there is a huge community that was heartbroken about no quickscoping. Its run on youtube if u have a problem 1st be good at it say its too easy then try it. Because anyone with issues doesn't have the skill. If it was so over powered you would use it. I started in MW3 but I have been playin COD since Cod2 on XBOX360 QS is the most difficult challenging task to learn and be effective disagree the try it. OR SHUT UP

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to eleven1181

I bought Ghosts only because its supposed to be running on dedicated servers, but after playing it for a few hours, I have to ask. Does CoD Ghosts really run on dedicated servers? I ask because I'm still experiencing lag and latency issues, issues with the kill-cam not matching what I saw on my screen and losing connection to the host, which is impossible on dedicated servers unless you actually powered down the servers.

Anyone else feel that the game doesn't run any smoother, despite supposedly using dedicated servers now?

As for quick scoping (which I call glitch scoping) as well as drop shotting (which I call glitch shotting), there's no reason to have them except to satisfy the little kiddies.

Level 8

in reply to MysticJon1

I haven't had any issues with lag or host advantage/disadvantage. I also haven't had any disconnections or host migrations. They said there would be a mix of dedis and P2P games. I thought I read somewhere that if you weren't close to a datacenter and could get a better connection on a P2P game, it would put you on P2P. Don't quote me on that as I don't remember the source. I live near Dallas on a really solid connection so I may always be playing on dedi's. If you are on P2P, I have no idea what mechanics they use for lag compensation. I remember I was unstoppable on MW2 and BO1. I play on a 50/50 meg metro E with a public, static IP on my PS3. I was always the host. When MW3 and BO2 came out it seemed like they placed the host at a disadvantage, so I throttled my bandwidth down to my PS3 and took other measures to ensure my pings were 80-120ms. After that I was unstoppable again. I'd give it a few more weeks for them to patch these issues. In their defense its got to be very difficult to design a game this massive and stress test it completely before it goes live.

Level 2

in reply to Ham_Wallet168

Getting lag again today got two bad deaths on the last game I played seen the guy start to shoot screen jitters about and then I die I don't even see the enemy shoot, it looks just like the lag switch videos on YouTube. Why won't activision just pay for the dedicated servers, also it's only mild lag every now and then nothing like black ops 2 but it's still annoying

Level 12

in reply to eleven1181

Well i dont know if we are on dedicated servers or not but there is a problem. Last night, I was playing a squads online. At first a few matches were fine. Then i decided to switch it up to multiplayer matches. When i switched and tried various match types, all it did was keep looping "Testing Matches..." It kept doing it over and over and not putting me in a match. I switched back to the squads online and even there I was having this problem in all match types except for Squad assault.  I dont see how this can happen when it was showing like 60k people logged in for multiplayer tdm and showing that it is testing 50+ games. How can the system not find me even one suitable match?

Level 1

Studios