Quit Percentage Stat?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Quit Percentage Stat?

in reply to CANDIMANNVIN

Of course it is.  His complaint is that others quit matches, so he gets put into matches that are a guaranteed loss.  His solution is a new stat that allows him to quit without damaging the stat that is important to him - W/L. The only thing he wants is the same ability to quit as the ones that left before him, except without taking that same action affecting the stat he prefers to think of as important.

On top of that, he wants us to think that him and his ilk would only use that "quit without harming W/L" option in games he was dumped into trailing by huge margins.  I know darned well he would use it to preserve his precious W/L record in games where the end is near and he is on the losing side.   

Quitting mid-match is already a huge problem, creating a way for it to be done without penalty to a favorite stat would only increase the frequency with which it occurs.

What do you think would happen if we used this same new stat and eliminated your kills/killed from a match you left for calculating kdr?  Everyone negative would just bail.  In this case, the losing team just bails near the end and no one ever takes a loss.  Why would anyone support that?

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

My "complaint" (which by the way, wasn't even a complaint, don't know where you got that from, but I'm going to paraphrase it for you now, you're welcome) would only be true if I had a W/L worth defending. Last time I checked, I haven't signed up for Elite and I've only shared my PSN to one other person on this site and guess what, you're not that person. So tell me Kothar44, how would you of all people know that I was really trying to defend my W/L stat when in reality, you don't know a damn thing about my stats? For all you know, I could run around with Riot Shields and care less if I got the win or not. My W/L could be a 0.22 for all you know, so I suggest you take that 'ilk' and shove it up your arse.

That alone should be enough to undermine your stupid posts, but no, let's go a little further, shall we? Especially since you alone don't seem to be getting the message: I am a man of logic and reasoning, so what's the first thing I'm going to do when I keep running into a known issue? I'm going to try and come up with a somewhat tangible solution complaint, where the discussion in said complaint would help it fine-tune itself, as it has done so in this thread. Where did I say this was a result of my bad games? Want to know why I came up with this thread? Because I'm quite sure I replied to three different threads with the same subject within two fucking weeks with my response generally being 'What can you do?', so guess what, I tried to come up with a solution complaint, which wasn't held in poor regard with anyone except you, who went on to make a b*tchfit rant on a goddamned IDEAS thread, like my (imperfect, by the way) solution complaint was meant to be some sort of fucking conspiracy, that would make Alex Jones proud. Well done!

This is the second time you've shown you're only capable of acting like a fucking idiot on my thread, so if you'll do me a favour and keep your mouth shut on my other threads complaints, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Level 8

in reply to zzyzzwix

I think the problem you will have with this is the genuine leavers: lost connection, power failure, emergency at home (or nagging wife!) etc. These people will feel a bit agrieved if they get put in the quitters pool.

Level 7

in reply to zzyzzwix

I think more stats is a waste. How much different would this game be if there were no K/D, W/L etc... I am not a stats guy, I have no idea what my W/L is, and I don't care enough about it to bother looking it up.  So maybe that's why this makes no sense to me.  Do people look at others players W/L? or is this just more of a personal thing knowing your own W/L? Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering...

Level 5

in reply to ehess001

No problem but this quit percentage would go a long way for those folk who brag I go 250 games with 249 wins. With a quit percentage we can see how many this person just quits instead of taking a loss.

Level 3

in reply to RepublicSoldier

That's the initial concept, yes.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to RepublicSoldier

why not just tag them with a loss for quitting?

Level 15

in reply to ehess001

Depends. W/L is the follow-up stat if I see a high K/D. Gives me a good prediction of how well they play.

Level 8

in reply to zzyzzwix

Though not a bad idea, what purpose do you think another stat would do?

What the game should do is reinstate another probation period on those players who tend to QUIT allot more than usual, I mean allot in a day.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

The initial concept was that it would add a degree of validity to W/L ratios. For instance, a person who has a 3.20 W/L and a 72% quit percentage doesn't necessarily have the most valid W/L stat, but I also noticed quite a lot of 'I hate joining games late' threads popping up, and how I noticed they'd actually benefit more from leaving the game instead.  I suppose it would need quite a lot of refining if something like that were to actually work out, and probably isn't the best solution, but stuff like this is up for discussion here.

Level 8

Studios