Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

Now that we have had the chance to play with both what do you guys like better? personally me i prefer the ripper

Level 3
36 REPLIES

Re: Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

in reply to patjk4life

Both are mediocre... Ripper on DLC, and Maverick on original

Level 13

in reply to patjk4life

Ripper all the way. The ripper is a maverick is assault rifle mode and is the bizon or cbj is smg mode. Easy answer

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to MajesticHawk

Id say that the ripper is closer to the bizon rather than the cbj. Thats a good thing because it would be op if the sub was as fast as the cbj.  The cbj has the highest ROF of all the subs. I can speak with confidence as I use smgs and shotguns exclusively in this game. Therefore I'm not sure what the ar portion of the ripper is closest to.

Level 5

in reply to Squarefodder

After playing with the ripper the past couple nights, it is becoming a favorite, due to versatility. I enjoy staying in the SMG weapon tier as far a choosing a gun goes, and I'm loving the SMG version of this gun, while still having some a ranged option if I really need it. It isn't overpowered, but it is good.

The AR version is comparable to the remington (3-5 shot kill and not as much range), and it is the slowest firing automatic gun in the game at 600 RPM, with the bouncy honey badger recoil. The SMG version is far better, but on a map like stonehaven, where you will stay in AR mode most of the time, grip or rapid fire are great attachments to increase the ripper's performance. Adding rapid fire wont do anything to the SMG version, but it will bump the AR RPM from 600 to 720ish.

You are right, in SMG mode, the ripper and bizon shoot at almost identical RPM.

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Interesting. According to driftor(And I'm not saying he's right although he usually is) rapid fire puts the ripper at almost 900rpm in AR mode. I haven't tested it but it sure seems more than 720.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

You maybe looked at the wrong numbers in that video, that is what I am basing my stats on.

To save you some time, go to 3:40 on his video

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Its quite possible, it was months ago. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong too. I'll take your word for it .

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Rapid fire increases fire rate by 17%. Theoretical fire rate is 674rpm, so that would be 788rpm. But frame rate and the game's old engine sees it limited to 720rpm most of the time, just as the stock rpm is 600rpm at 60fps.

Unfortunately the SMG doesn't get a benefit because it goes from 968rpm (900), to around 1130rpm. The next framerate "boundary" is 1200rpm (think Type 95 rapid fire burst, or PP90M1/PM9 rapid fire), so it stays at 900rpm.

But yeah, rapid fire is kinda pointless on the Ripper, as you have the faster firing SMG for CQB and the more stable fire rate of the AR to help counter the low damage at range. The increase in recoil doesn't seem worth it...you'd be better off going with a true master of all trades - MTAR + rapid fire

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

Another stat guy, like myself lol.

Level 13

Studios