Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Haha yes I am I think it's because I've fallen victim to placebo before.

I didn't start playing mw3 still late, and I thought the UMP I was using was 6sk at range, so I put it down despite liking it, but later found out it was actually 49-20.

Or the MSBS when I first started playing Ghosts. I got Ghosts early November, but my ps4 didn't turn up till mid December. I thought "yeah this thing melts" but heard about the nerf and started playing worse. Funny enough, I didn't get my ps4 until the MSBS had been nerfed, so it was crap all along lol.

Now I just check the stats and go with what seems sensible. Numbers are what see me play with the R5 over the AK, and because I do my research I know that everyone using the AK for its "rpm advantage" are talking *beep*

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

Yeah, I didn't get ghosts until after the MSBS nerf, so I didn't get to experience the OP version, though it still is not that bad at times.

As far as the AK vs remmy thing, yeah... in game they basically shoot at the same RPM, so the winner is remmy.

Other than feel for the gun giving someone a personal advantage, numbers don't lie, and I enjoy knowing what is the best in the game.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Exactly. Being a deadeye fan, I love the range advantage and it doo-doos all over the AK when the red hitmarkers are pouring out.

One of the reasons I'm liking the Maverick so much now is deadeye. One deadeye hitmarkers guarantees that 2hk even if you don't hit centre mass (though you have the 50 damage there for when you're not on a 4 streak, getting deadeye hits every other shot, so it's viable up close), but the main thing is the 24 damage.

Most 5hk guns need 3 deadeye shots to become a 4hk at range, whereas the Maverick only needs 1. Therefore you only need to be on a 1 streak to have a permanent 3-4hk gun, which makes up for the Maverick's less than stellar long range ability (I'm looking at you, recoil). It basically becomes a better Ameli.

Yeah of course, facts are facts. I wish I could make better use of the SA-805 for that reason though its an MTAR with better range and less recoil, but I'm useless with it, and the MTAR is my most used weapon lol

On the other hand, the Ripper has *some* terrible stats but feels great to use. Its definitely becoming a new favourite.

Level 75

in reply to MajesticHawk

I agree with this. The Ripper has a reliable 900rpm SMG for CQB. You keep your SMG mobility (ignoring ADS time), but get an in-built AR mode that gives you R5 fire rate (slowest in the game), low damage (FAD max at 34, Maverick min at 24 [worse than FAD, 5hk]), Honey Badger recoil (probably the worst in the AR category), and not so great range (3hk a hair past that of the SC2010, a 4hk range 2.5m shorter than that of the Maverick). The SMG has the worst 3hk range in the game for an automatic, even worse than the newly buffed CBJ (before the buff, only the CBJ had worse), and its even worse with a suppressor.

You get the two weapons in one, Overkill for free, and agility (irrelevant really) and mini quickdraw for the AR mode, but 20% slower ADS for the SMG. Apparently even the AR gets SMG hipfire spread but I picked up an MTAR and switched between it and the Ripper, and both Ripper modes have worse hipfire spread than SMGs, so it can be compared to the ARX-160 (halfway between SMG and AR).

The Ripper is bad to average as two separate weapons. This balances the "free perks" you get, and definitely helps the Ripper live up to its versatile tag, because it's certainly jack of all trades and master of none. People that call the Ripper "OP" make me laugh...

Would you take a CBJ/Bizon, nerf it, equip it, equip Overkill, then take the worst features of the game's ARs (R5 fire rate, damage worse than the FAD's, the SC2010s average range and the Honey Badger's horrendous recoil) and pile them all into an AR, then equip that in your secondary weapon slot? No, you wouldn't

I like the Ripper for what it is (I like having all bases covered, I guess. I've regularly run MTAR + VKS setups on certain maps), and I'm liking the Maverick more now, since everyone else put them down lol. Works great in Cranked when I'm not Cranked yet, and I panic fire someone running lightening fast round a corner.

I like them both equally for different reasons, but they are both absolutely average. You can't beat an R5, MTAR, Bizon or SC2010 in their respective roles.

Level 75

in reply to patjk4life

I play both. Ripper is great for my standard run and gun style, but I use the Maverick-A2 as my main sniper now, so both are used regularly by me. (Both were gold after about 8 hours each, they are definitely my favorites).

Level 13

in reply to patjk4life

I flat out love the Ripper ,its great in both modes  i dont even run rapid fire on it  i like being able to switch between smg & ar . good all around rifle . the Maverick on the other hand the rpm is slow but it kills good but still prefer the ripper

Level 4

in reply to FAI-HUN1209

Yeah rapid fire is a waste on it IMO. It increases the recoil in both modes, despite not helping the SMG, and the AR becomes unstable at ranges where you want stability over TTK (otherwise use the SMG )

Level 75

in reply to patjk4life

Between ripper and maverick I prefer ripper. But honestly I do not like either. My favorite sub is mtar and my favorite assault rifle is remington

Level 2

in reply to coimbrax

My two favourite weapons but I do like the Ripper for its versatility (cheaper than running overkill, two guns and reflex, and losing out on crutch perks), and the Maverick for its 2hk niche when I get caught out in CQB, and its deadeye potential.

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

I agree w/ you... ripper is very versatility... but I always have to use the perk that bullets make more damage... or rapid fire (i don´t remember the name in ghosts)

Level 2

Studios