Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

in reply to coimbrax

Yeah it's still rapid fire but just remember that it doesn't help the SMG shoot faster; only the AR. Since you only really need fire rate in close quarters, and the fact that it increases recoil in both modes, you could probably find a better choice like suppressor, or extended mags

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

Yeah, I think the only reason you should ever put rapid fire on the gun is if you also use grip, and plan to stay in AR mode the whole game, like on stonehaven. That being said, it most certainly is not the best choice, unless you really just want to make it the best AR it can be.

I have been messing around testing the recoil and ranges, and in all honesty, if you can pop fire the gun, you never even need to switch to AR mode.

Grip/silencer, grip/muzzle, or replace grip with extended mags and that will honestly be the best way to setup this gun. 2-3 quick bursts at long range will drop people pretty surprisingly fast in SMG mode. When I try long distance shots in AR mode, I tend to hold the trigger longer, and the recoil seems to bounces all around them at times lol.

Long story short, I keep it in SMG mode 90% of the time, and I do not have issues at any range.

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Same here; I only use it on SMG suitable maps, but switch to the AR if I'm about to pass a sightline where the SMG mode would probably fail (like if I'm on Strikezone heading from A Dom to pro shop, and someone's camping sky bridge).

If I suddenly see someone at range and I'm in SMG mode, I'll just tap the trigger like I would the rapid fire MTAR. 5hk at 900rpm does the job

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to patjk4life

Depends on what i'm what i'm playing. The Ripper is a good solid Run'n'Gun weapon on HC but if I'm playing Core game modes for Clan Wars i'll pick the Maverick, it just seems to have that extra stopping power.

Level 48

in reply to patjk4life

Neither TBH. I prefer other guns in both the SMG and AR selections.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

Agreed, I prefer the CBJ with Dead eye, just can't get a handle on the Ripper?

It's bizarre,  even before the buff I was going 15 kills 3 or 4 deaths in Core TDM with the CBJ, now a bit better and I can use a Silencer. It really is a great little SMG Everything else feels way to slow now, including the Ripper & Maverick.

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

I wouldn't ever recommend deadeye on the CBJ bud :/

At 34 base damage, you need 2 deadeye shots to get a 2hk, which doesn't happen, because the max probability of getting a deadeye shot is 50% once you're on a 4 streak. At range, the 17 damage (or 6hk) means you need 3 deadeye shots to get a 5hk (incredibly unlikely to happen; maybe every 1 in 100 kills, and that's only on a 4 streak).

I recommend the Bizon to you all day everyday it has 42 base damage, which makes deadeye viable as only 1 deadeye bullet is needed to make it a 2hk (at that fire rate too!!!). It has the same damage at range, so deadeye doesn't benefit it there, but it has far superior range (especially if you compare both with a muzzle brake); it has a 17m 3hk range (1m behind the MTAR I believe), and a 16m 2hk range when you get 1 deadeye hitmarker, which makes it the fastest killing weapon in the game in that range, ignoring 1hk weapons. Not only that, but the buffed Bizon's suppressed range outclasses even the old Bizon's UNsuppressed range, and the buffed CBJs range too, especially when it's suppressed. This gives you a viable sneaky rushing option, which the Bizon couldn't previously do so well.

The fire rate difference, small as it is anyway, is irrelevant because on console weapons never (more like hardly ever, but closer to never) fire at their listed fire rate. They both fire at 900rpm at 60fps, but most of the time the Bizon actually out shoots the CBJ by 2rpm (lol), with a 906rpm versus the CBJ's average 904rpm.

The Bizon is also noticeably more accurate, with a better centrespeed (time it takes for a weapon's crosshair/iron sight to reset to its original firing point after a shot). So the only advantage the CBJ has over anything else in the SMG category is free AP rounds but, let's face it, they're rarely a decider in gun vs gun considerations haha

If you like your CBJ, or you're not bothered about focusing solely on stats when it comes to what gun to pick then good for you and carry on this is just a friendly suggestion, and from experience I can tell you that the Bizon is awesome post-patch

Level 75

in reply to oRLs_317o

Thanx for the heads up, I used to use the Bizon. Have not used it post patch. I will set up a class and see

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

I've seen so many people jump on the Bizon wagon now; "it sucked a$$" and "now it melts" haha. If you like the Ripper but don't want the worst 3hk range in the SMG category, Bizon + muzzle brake + grip is the way to go

Of course it's still a situational gun, and needs to be used on SMG friendly maps but the 3hk range is very competitive along with its fire rate, and you get a much bigger 4 and 5hk range. It replaced the MTAR on quite a few of my nutcase rush classes lol

Level 75

in reply to patjk4life

For me, I personally like assault rifles more than smgs. SMGs dint have long range. And the Maverick probably kills faster. My opinion.

Level 1

Studios