Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Ripper or Maverick? What do you prefer

in reply to patjk4life

I must be one of the few that thinks the ripper is nothing special. Not seeing much for knock down at any decent range in AR mode, and for SMG I prefer the MTAR. Can't get into either set of sights on ripper either.

I do love the Mav though and probably take it or Rem 75/25 when I want an AR.

Level 10

in reply to patjk4life

I finally got to try the ripper for a couple of games this morning. Much to my surprise I actually like it. Seemed to me that as an ar it has really good hipfire at close range. I didn't really give it a run as an smg, hopefully next weekend I can get a few hours in. Up until this point I was loving the maverick and I doubted I would have put it down.

Level 29

in reply to noluck07

Yeah I believe the SMG has slightly worse than normal SMG hipfire, but of course the AR has better than average. The versatility and mobility bonuses (mostly in AR mode) help cover up the fact that they're two very average weapons glued together. How people can moan "OP" is beyond me

Level 75

in reply to patjk4life

I have had more chance to use it and I am starting to find that it is very limited (for me) in its usefulness. Long range it is no good even thought I use the muzzle break and grip on it. Short range I need to have it in ar mode for hipfiring. Weird gun, I think I might be switching to something else. I have been using the Remington a lot since I watched the cod championship a little while ago. It is a pretty even gun.

Level 29

in reply to noluck07

Yeah it has the worst range of all the SMGs, even the (post-patch) CBJ. Compared to the pre-patch versions, it was only the CBJ with worse range.

R5 = awesome, my favourite gun in the game by far. I want it to take over the "most used" title from the MTAR, which recently stole it from the USR, but the Honey Badger is a few hundred kills closer ;(

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to oRLs_317o

Love the remington, by far the best non silenced AR/gun in the game. I have been trying to get used to using it without silencer, not only for aesthetics, but for attachments. RDS/ext mags is boss.

Mtar beats out the ripper IMO. Mtar feels consistent,while the ripper can be beast one game and hit marker city the next.

Even though I praised the ripper, I think I am going back to the mtar for the way it consistently plays. If you can adjust to the recoil and iron sights, you really don't even need an AR, but if you do, just make sure to have a R5 class, and you are golden. 

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Agreed. The AK suits the suppressor far more as it has less range to lose (as every gun loses 25% less across regardless of range), and it only drops off to 4hk. I do the same with the FAD for that reason (and that hardly has any 3hk range to lose anyway). AK only drops off to 27m 3hk range.

The R5 on the other hand drops off all the way to 33m, though it still outclasses the AK up to its 5hk range, and its still a very nice suppressed range! However with out a suppressor, it has a 44m 3hk range and a 52m 4hk range. With a muzzle brake that's a 53m 3hk range and 62m 4hk range!! There's logic in using either (it has the best range regardless, but the muzzle brake range is astonishing tbh).

I'm trying to remember to play the R5 to its strengths when I'm not in FFA; if I'm using deadeye the R5 + MB 2 shot kills out to 46m, just 4m behind the MK14.

Firing 33% faster. In full auto. As a laser beam

Level 75

Studios