Shotguns need BUFFED (not bulldog)

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Shotguns need BUFFED (not bulldog)

I'm an avid shotgun user from MW3 and ghosts shotguns just don't compete. The range on shotguns is way too short to be a viable option on these maps and the OHK is still hit or miss with FP6 and TAC12 and the MTS just sucks period. They should put a unique feature for each shotgun such as the TAC12 or extend the range slightly while increasing the damage of each pellet. One way to make the shotguns great and fun again is making Deadeye work for each individual pellet. This would be the equivalent of putting damage on like MW3 and would take up do many perk slots that it wouldn't be OP. Anybody else miss the USAS12? Or even the Spaz12 and model? They should shorten the range on the bulldog and the fire rate slightly to make it more like the striker. Let's get our Shotties back!

Level 3
17 REPLIES

Re: Shotguns need BUFFED (not bulldog)

in reply to GREEN_assassin3

No, Shotguns work exactly how they should in this game. Buffing them would make the OP on small maps.

Level 20

I hate shot guns and those who use them you should all be kneecapped and banned. Too many times have I been shot from across the map (strikezone, whiteout, and now ignition) Look I own shotguns several actually. Prime example I have a 12 gauge Saiga ( think shotgun on an AK47 frame. at one hundred yards with Rifled slugs it has a drop of 10 inches. Tell me again how this is accurate? you would have to aim at the HIND to hit the player, Yes they should all be nerfed,,hell banned for that matter.

Level 10

in reply to Tomball_TX

then i should be handicapped

but i can see where both of you are coming from, OP thinks the shotguns suck have shit range because he is trying to use them on huge maps, you think the shotguns are cheap because you get killed from them on small maps

heres my take 1 on this, from having used the weapons and from having died by them i have come to these conclusions

1. if your gonna use shotguns on huge maps, get ready to go negative

2. if you use shotguns on small maps, get ready to put on your TRYHARD PANTS cause your gonna drop at least 20 kills

Considering how fast you die in this game shotgunners dont stand much chance in huge maps, heck even in FREEFALL there are so many long sights and its one of the smallest map

and you all are forgetting one  big factor, because these shotguns dont have the range of MW3/BO2 shotguns we have to be super close to the enemy to kill them, trust me when i say that

as for the shotguns

FP6- this is the strongest shotgun, so its fair they even it out with horrible range (even then this is my favourite shotgun)

TAC-12- its a hit and miss, because its a well balanced weapon, good power with range so they gotta make sure you get some hitmarkers

MTS- this shotgun is so weird lol, i just cant figure out why its so horrible

BullDOG- this is probably the most hated shotty because it is the closest to the Striker from MW3, where players just went around spraying and praying

do the shotguns need BUFF/NERF? no you just need to choose the maps you will use the shotguns on correctly or put on over kill, run around with long range weapon and when going in buildings or close range take out the shotty, HAPPY KILLING

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

I agree with your breakdown of the Shotties I can tell you use them. Yet I must say on the bigger maps you can use a shotgun and not go negative as long as you play right. I've noticed that ghosts maps are broken down into different areas perfect example is tremor. The burning building is for close range Shotties/SMG's and the rehab center/3 story is for AR's LMG's and then they have B Dom and C dom for snipers with long sight lines. You can effectively run a large map with a shotgun even on whiteout as long as you stay in the fishing village/cabin/sawmill.  Stonehaven is a different story though lol Shotties are far from OP in this game to everyone who thinks they are don't use them period. They could use some help just give me back USAS12 in a DLC!  haha

Level 3

in reply to Tomball_TX

It's an arcade shooter not a super realistic game shotguns are fun to use you have to play differently. I understand the range with slugs is unrealistic and I can't say I haven't sniped someone across map which really is kinda dumb but it's in the game so it's w.e but really how often does that happen once in 1000 kills?

Level 3

in reply to Tomball_TX

I can  promise that you have never been shot from across the map with any shot gun LOL. One shot kill from across the map is a sniper kill. I have no problem with shottys on ghosts one way or the other. Don't use them, but I don't have an issue being killed by them either. It happens.

Level 2

Agreed, and im hoping they have a dlc gun that out performs them all!?  I'd love to see the spaz make its return!  The shottys don't have an undr barrel attatchment, but could have a explosive round too!?  The trade off would be you having to load the two rounds?  Anyways,  the effective range for all of them could use 5 feet maybe!?

Level 19

in reply to xxphenomen4xx

That would be cool and in real life they do have shotguns that shoot semi- explosive rounds so that would be fun. We need more options for LMG's and Shotties instead of 10+ AR's.

Level 3

I think the shotguns all work as they should. I see no need to buff them. MW3 had the best selection of shotguns IMO and I'd LOVE to see my beloved USAS12 make a comeback. The Spaz 12 in MW3 was a beast with grip/steady aim. BLOPS 2 shotguns were all crap. Kinda wish they'd offer more shotgun options than 4 but, oh well.

Level 10

Studios