Siege: To complex for its own good?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Siege: To complex for its own good?

COD,

This is the one map I have more issues with than any other. Because I do not personally like it doesn't mean I think its bad, its just overly complex for this game. Its large, its riddled with hiding areas and green areas.

In TDM the matches feel extended as everyone is moving very cautiously. What strategy do you use to overcome its complex size and layout?

style="max-width: 1200px; max-height: 900px;"/>

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Siege: To complex for its own good?

in reply to Izjar11
Solution
‎05-12-2013 06:41 AM

It rather depends on how inspired I'm feeling but I tend to stick to the route on the B flag side and I mostly use the underground route.  It cuts down quite a bit on the number of angles that I have to watch for my engagements.  The biggest trouble after that is deciding where you are going to come out.  Most of the time players don't camp out the underground area but they do love those buildings over by the A flag.  So finding a way to approach those and still be out of the sniper sight lines requires a bit of knowledge of how the other team is playing.  Like you said the map is complicated.  So it's not easy even for a team that is trying to camp out an area to watch every approach angle effectively.  I try to find the weak link and exploit it.  As with most CoD games if you can get past their first line of defense, you can often get behind the rest of their team and drop several before they find you.

The only time that I'll take the mine route is if I'm using a Marathon class setup because you really have to get in position on their side of the map first if you want to control the mine.

Level 69
17 REPLIES

in reply to Izjar11
Solution
‎05-12-2013 06:41 AM

It rather depends on how inspired I'm feeling but I tend to stick to the route on the B flag side and I mostly use the underground route.  It cuts down quite a bit on the number of angles that I have to watch for my engagements.  The biggest trouble after that is deciding where you are going to come out.  Most of the time players don't camp out the underground area but they do love those buildings over by the A flag.  So finding a way to approach those and still be out of the sniper sight lines requires a bit of knowledge of how the other team is playing.  Like you said the map is complicated.  So it's not easy even for a team that is trying to camp out an area to watch every approach angle effectively.  I try to find the weak link and exploit it.  As with most CoD games if you can get past their first line of defense, you can often get behind the rest of their team and drop several before they find you.

The only time that I'll take the mine route is if I'm using a Marathon class setup because you really have to get in position on their side of the map first if you want to control the mine.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I keep doing the same thing in that map and I have to start doing something differently. Both you and natures freak give good advice, ill take it.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

stay near by the B flag buildings player tend to run around there a lot, also yous thermal to pick off payers sitting in places and long range

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

or use the tracker sight, is there a tactical grenade in this that is like a decoy that would work perfectly on this map

Level 20

Good one.

of our training"
Level 75

I really like the map, but yeah, there needs to belike 8 more players on it. It is, however, like any other CoD map in that after a while you will notice that everyone pretty much hangs around the same places each time so there is always someone to find if you know where to look. occasionally there will be a straggler camping out in the mine to surprise people, but really it's firing from windows and corner camping in buildings. CHECK YOUR CORNERS PEOPLE, CHECK YOUR CORNERS!

Level 5

in reply to Ateo1988

Thats why this map plays particularly slower, the amount of corner checking that needs to be done is time consuming

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Last night I was actually playing this map reallly good. Again, these predictable people...They always wanna come back to the same room, so lay down an IED on the stairs, and move on. I have a sweep and clear technique. By now I have pinpointed all of the primarily used rooms and the tricks people employ to hide/camp in those rooms. Go in, flashbang, clear 'em out and go to the next, only to return later for another sweep and clear because they always come back...

Level 5

in reply to Ateo1988

thats good advice. Thanks for sharing.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios