The community will be what kills Call of Duty

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

in reply to malditor

Also the Thermal in Ghosts is vastly different to BO2's thermal hybrid.

One is Green Nightvision with yellow body heat the other is thermal infra-red in gray-scale which shows players significantly better than it's predecessor.

Level 38

in reply to onlineace

Sorry I enjoy playing split-screen and if its online with multiple people oh well if you like to throw a fit on it. It's how me and my friends play cause he dont have a ps3 yet

Level 2

in reply to DocChoi

DocChoi wrote:

onlineace wrote:

I can post plenty of games where I go god like.  Point is you have a poor connection.  You have mentioned your connection before ....  My K/D average is barely 1 because I am consistantly matched up poorly.  I get to play one in 10 games where actually win a gun battle!!

Please do!

If I have a poor connection, then surely others on the forums who are solid players must have terrible internet as well. Hey Shinysidez and the other high k/d players, onlineace thinks you are only good because of your connection!!!!

My connection is 5 up 20 down and I have a 5ms ping to my ISP gateway router. 5ms may not be the best but it's not bad either. My K/D is 2.49 and I average 17+ kills a game in the only game type I play TDM so this bad connection nonsense is just nonsense. In fact my K/D was actually slightly higher until recently when they put the DLC into the standard rotation splitting the player pool, screwing up the matchmaking and making the connection to the host worse. If anything that proves the worse the connection the worse player experience.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

I disagree.

Your ping to your local ISP test server is in no way indicative of how your P2P matchmaking experience will play out.

The host may be 2,000 miles away from you where as the local ISP server is usually very close.

Then you have to factor in the hosts internet connection plus packet loss, congestion etc....

I agree with your point about the map integration splitting the player pool.

It is splitting an already small player-base into tiny ones where you have a significantly reduced good connection chance.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

You know you can always take extreme examples to try to disprove something but the fact that you used an extreme example proves in fact it is in fact true. Fact, if I have a 5ms ping to my ISP router and the next guy has 100ms and everything else is equal my connection will be better. If you want to claim you are right because you are looking at exceptions to the rule you really haven't added anything to the discussion.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Damn you are stupid.

Extreme examples ? I call it reality mate.

Fact, your ping will be 5ms BECAUSE the test server is so close.

Try assigning a long and mid distance test server and see what you ping is.

Nothing is ever equal when you are taking into account hundreds if not thousands of variable that make up data connections.......

Fact, if I have a 5ms ping to my ISP router and the next guy has 100ms and everything else is equal my connection will be better

WRONG !

FACT: Your ping most certainly does not mean your connection will be better to the host.

If the host has a 100ms ping TO YOU then you will have a 100ms ping TO HIM.

If some random guy has a 100ms ping then it is TO HIS TEST SERVER, not yours (unless you call him and say "designate test server XXX and tell me your ping").

Otherwise I could designate my neighbour as a test server and I would have like a 1 or 2ms ping which has no bearing as to my connection to someone on the other side of the country.

A ping measured from a commercial or interdependently hosted test server is not indicative to your peer-to-peer connection to someone else's router/console.

Stop making ridiculous, made up statements Rain then claiming them as fact without researching.

Level 38

in reply to rainmaker6

From my personal experience of playing COD and from reading posts on everything from online forums  to magazine articles its common knowledge that the poorer your connection is the better you do on COD.  If this is not the case why do internet sites sell lag switches!

Port forwarding, Static Ip addresses all bs!  This game runs well on two things.  Location and poor connections.  Coupled together makes you a God like.

Why is it I can go postive playing wireless 75 percent of the time and negative almost 90 percent of the time hard wired!?

Heres another good example.  I just got back from NY where my buddie had a ps4 so naturally we played Ghosts.  He was running a poor wireless connection, yet I managed to play extremely well!  I felt god like playing on his machine.  He was a 2.15 K/D player. Got home this morning.  Logged on excited and full of confidence to be right back to where I was again!! Falling into poor matchmaking. Lopsided games.

This will probably be my last rant about the poor connection theory.  I have seen the other side and its clear im not the problem.  The game is the PROBLEM!!

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to onlineace

Games are real time so packets are primarily sent via UDP because of the minimal overhead of the protocol. Unlike TCP (which is considered lossless) there is no acknowledgement of the receipt of the packets and lost packets are not retransmitted. When someone lag switches they are basically interrupting the transmission and the packets are lost. This is different from a slow high latency connection.

Level 12

in reply to onlineace

Bandwidth requirements for this game is nothing close to 3 Mbps. In fact I will bet they are very close to MW3 which was something like 0.0548 megabits per second as a client based on test I ran with my router.

Re: Will they ever fix the lag?

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Agreed.

I can play on really well on shaped internet speed @ 256kbs.

Level 38

Studios