The community will be what kills Call of Duty

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

in reply to Mikenasty_1

A better comparison would have been any game with a "mercy" rule. Cod kids nowadays only accept a mercy rule loss. A loss by time limit isn't acceptable.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

No worries mate a good disagreement, as long as both sides don't get all huffy, can be helpful.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Mikenasty_1

Because the score limit in TDM is nothing more than a mercy rule from youth baseball. TDM could be a 5 minute game with no score limit and play the same way. A TDM game is suppose to be own with more kills than the other team doesn't mater if by score limit or time limit the only point is to have more kills than your opponent.

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

That time limit is set in place so games don't go 30 minutes while people play "tactically". Would you sit in one game for 30 min in TDM?

"A TDM game is suppose to be own with more kills than the other team doesn't mater if by score limit or time limit the only point is to have more kills than your opponent."

TDM games are supposed to be won by score, not time (I'm not sure if you meant to spell owned or won, due to previous posts I did not want to jump to conclusions, but I am going to assume won) .

You bring up the mercy rule, and I had to retract my previous statement to gotsomestars (which I have enjoyed several of your other posts on the forums, so no hard feelings). In what way is a score of 45-30 a mercy rule in your eyes, as far as TDM goes?

I think you mean "the time ran out before I saw enough people?"  When your team does not kill the specified number of people(75), designated by the game in time, that is a failure on your team's part for not participating enough in the game....

You didn't answer me on NFL, now you bring up youth baseball mercy rule?! LOL. Come on man

When you go to the point of using youth baseball as a comparison to CoD, you probably don't have much of a point to argue lol ... That  is all I'm saying.

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

I actually see the time limit as more of the "mercy" part of TDM. The goal is to score 75, however you are granted the mercy of the game not lasting more than 10 minutes to get there, hah.

Level 14

in reply to malditor

Lol. May the CoD gods have mercy on us all

Level 13

in reply to Mikenasty_1

I got a question for you.  If you always complain about something then why do you still bother playing the game.  It doesn't matter what way people play in my eyes it's their game their money.  If someone wants to pay $400 for a PS4 and another $110 for Cod and the season pass them let them be happy.  When you start paying for peoples games then you can complain about the way people play.

Level 7

in reply to LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

There is one thing I can agree with you on.. everyone pays for the game and can do their own thing. You enjoy a playstyle different from mine, and that is completely fine. I have complained about things on the forums, and I have seen you complain about things on multiple threads on the forums.

Sometimes I make a joke or two about campers, or I voice my opinion on why I disagree with it. A couple days ago DocChoi was posting funny comments about campers that provided a cheap laugh or two.

I will be completely honest. I have said screw it and started camping recently. Once I get to my spot, I put on netflix, and just wait for a couple people to run by halfway across the map, get kill streaks, look like a boss. I am honestly starting to see why people do it. Gameplay wise, it can be boring, but those stats though lol.

Just because I do not pay for someone's game, does not deny me the right to voice an opinion. It isn't like me voicing an opinion forces people to change their gameplay. If you disagree with what I post, either provide a valid argument to it, or ignore it. These are forums, they are made for people to discuss the current game, and recently I have chosen to discuss campers. The majority of people I am talking about have never even typed callofduty.com in their browser, so I am sure I am not hurting their feelings. Do your thing, but like I mentioned earlier, you "complain" about things just like many others do on these forums. You just don't agree with what I have to say, and that is fine, I disagree with a lot of your posts. No sleep lost over it.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to Mikenasty_1

I'm glad I was able to provide a cheap laugh or two.

To be honest, I have nothing against campers. From a tactical standpoint, its very advantageous. Just when they rant about how they can't camp as effectively anymore because of the updates; it's pretty laughable. Like yesterday, I decided to just "tryhard"  camp and not move on Containment with my LMG Thermal IED class and had pretty much the same amount of kills/deaths as some of my rushing games. It's boring as heck, but its super effective even with these supposed patches (every IED killed someone). So, when campers whine about how they can't play their way anymore, I just say they haven't tried camping hard enough.

Level 25

in reply to DocChoi

especially if you know how to place the ieds.  I figured that out and the only ones to get around it are the ones still running blast shield.

Level 3

Studios