The community will be what kills Call of Duty

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

in reply to ANWRambo

Well DuH!!!   I don't think they took into account that revenge spawns would be so bad that its forced players to camp more or rush more.  You have two extremes and nothing inbetween. 

Dog/Wolf  is one very big contributer to poor spawns.

Maniac perks another.

Rushers who go 25 and 24.  You get 10 out of 12 players in TDM doing just the same and you got spawns coming out of your ass!

Level 9

in reply to llarc84

I read the original post and some of the first comment (that was enough reading for me for one thread) so sorry if i repeat what someone else has already said. I totally agree with you on some  points. There are a lot of cowards in the community. The guys sitting in corners with thermal lmg's and so on, however i'm not sure if they are going to destroy call of duty. Maybe public matches but not the whole thing.

I think Activision or whoever makes these decisions have pretty much decided that camping is going to be part of the game. For a lot of people that sucks but that's just the way it is. Play a private match with bots and you'll see that camping is programmed right into the game. I've thought about it a lot and i really does suck. I was ranked at about 500 in FFA but i finally had enough and decided to stop playing public games. I've spent a few months playing clan v clan (best thing they added to ghosts) private matches with other teams and gb's. What i'm getting at is there is more than playing public matches with these kids who don't care about a win and just worry about keeping their k/d up.

As far as the thermal lmg's, ied's and all that annoying stuff goes. it doesn't really bother me that much. If you've got enough skill you should be able to handle it or if you don't want to deal with it then play a game mode where people cant use it. I do miss playing some of the game modes form the public playlist and i do play them some times but they really aren't worth the haste. If camping was adjusted somehow then this game would be great but i just cant see them doing anything about it.

Level 2

in reply to llarc84

I am trying to get this idea widespread in support hoping IW will respond in this way, please check out my thread, it won't be a waste of time.How IW can solve the problem with overcamping. I hope they, and you, are reading this.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to llarc84

No playing the blame game will kill this game just look how the devs blame the customers for their failures.

Level 18

in reply to llarc84

The developers continue to make camp friendly maps, perks, attachments, equipment, etc.  The community can only employ a strategy if the devs supply the tools necessary.  Tracker sights, target finders, marksman, claymores, motion sensors, ieds, etc. all make it easier to camp.  Your first problem is playing tdm.  Of course people are going to camp when all that matters is k/d.  Your second problem is playing ghosts and expecting people not to camp.  The maps on this game are designed in such a way that you are almost always able to be shot from several lines of sight.  Many players are unable to counter that and instead decide to camp. 

Level 16

in reply to LVLikeG

LVLikeG wrote:

The developers continue to make camp friendly maps, perks, attachments, equipment, etc.

No matter the map, unless it's a wide open room with absolutely no obsticles, perks, attachments and equipment, people will find ways to camp.

The truth is, unless people are smart enough to beat the campers, or if you are smart enough, you can actually put some thought into beating these guys, campers will camp as long as rushers make themselves easy to be killed.

Level 40

Studios