The community will be what kills Call of Duty

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

in reply to Mikenasty_1

I am honestly starting to see why people do it. Gameplay wise, it can be boring, but those stats though lol.

Mike you summed up pretty well one of the biggest issues with Ghosts IMO.

There is such a stats focus in Ghosts that people are worrying more on attaining and keeping good stats than actually enjoying the game.

This has a domino effect on other players.

Level 38

in reply to LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

That's all well and good and everyone does have the right to play how they want.

However by people playing however they want allows them to play in manners that make gaming unpleasant for other players.

A comparison is freedom of speech: You have the right to say anything but if you spout off racist, homophobic hate speech then you are upsetting alot of people.

But you have the right....

Same as COD, you can troll/exploit/hide etc and it is allowed however it proves the point of the post, the community is ruining this franchise.

How would you feel if you went into a game and every other player was just hiding in a bush not even engaging for days at a time ?

Would you stand by your statement then when you have to run around and try to find Sasquatch's instead of engaging people in gun fights ?

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Well said.

This is what you can do.

1. A person talks racist, homophobic hate speech and is upsetting alot of people. You can walk away and let him talk to himself.

2. How would you feel if you went into a game and every other player was just hiding in a bush not even engaging for days at a time ?

Would you stand by your statement then when you have to run around and try to find Sasquatch's instead of engaging people in gun fights ?

You have the right to leave this lobby and find another one to your liking.

I will not demand that the above people should play the way I want just to make me happy and at the same time will make them unhappy.

This is the principle of democracy. You have your rights within the democracy but your rights stop where other people rights begin.

Level 22

in reply to C_CHRIS11

They were rhetorical questions C-Chris.

Yes you can do all of these things in COD but it then proves my point.

If everyone camps etc then it does not matter what lobby you leave and join, the experience will remain the same.

I am not saying anyone should play a particular way but what I am saying is if everyone plays a certain way then the experience is diminished for the community.

When people defend the right for people to play how they want it is all well and good until it affects the community as a whole.

A better example would be watching NFL or whatever: Both teams decline to engage each-other, it is their right and the game ends in a tie.

Every game.

For all time.

How long would the spectators (in this comparison consumers) remain fans ?

Not very long.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Well my friend if they all decide to camp then all the rest will leave the game and find another game to their liking to play. The community then of COD will consist of only campers. And the game will be theirs.

And as TheBeastlyDute put it below the only way not to have campers is to have a wide open room with absolutely no obstacles, perks, attachments and equipment. And even in this case some will find a way to camp.

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to C_CHRIS11

Yeah your not wrong, that's the point I am making.

Only campers will remain and then they will hate it because its just campers v campers.

I don't dislike campers per se but IMO COD would not be enjoyable if 95% of the community camper as their go to playstyle.

It would come down to who has the greatest patience and who is willing to go that extra % and do whatever it takes to get the kill.

Doesn't sound fun to me.

Level 38

in reply to Mikenasty_1

This response is entirely too logical.

Level 14

in reply to Mikenasty_1

I think you and like 2 other people were the only ones who actually understood what I was trying to say, and didn't become hostile about it. Great post bro.

People aren't going to stick around if games keep ending in time limit or games where if you stayed perfectly still, you wouldn't hear a sound but the standard sounds of the map (no gunshots, grenades, nothing), unless of course you like playing like that and thats your thing. I turned the game on yesterday and 5 consecutive lobbies played like this. Had to turn the game off. Then I laughed and said hmm, yet I'm the one ruining this game? Yet its okay for people to play like this because no harm done right?

Sh*t is boring as hell.  Why pay $60 to turn on a game and do nothing?

Level 3

in reply to llarc84

And by the way, for the football reference, why do you think the NFL is constantly changing its rules? If every game was a defensive game that ended 7-3 or 3-0, people wouldn't watch it anymore.

Level 3

in reply to llarc84

Yeah I get where you coming from with the OP.

I agree, a game can be pretty broken yet still be a really fun game due to the community and the attitudes of said community.

What we are seeing in Ghosts IMO is the rise of the serious COD players with an enormous focus on MLG, YouTube, KDR and defensive strategic players.

Past iterations of COD have been the typical 3 lanes, fast paced simplistic reflex style where as Ghosts has taken a different approach.

In other COD's there was a sort of "unspoken agreement" that people would adopt a certain playstyle that was deemed honorable and skillful. Players would like to test their reflexes and timing by rushing and run n gunning. Dying was an afterthought and not worried about as much. This can also come down to your KD not being permanently displayed on your HUD or so easily viewed from the lobby. Showing the "last 5 games KD" is a handy tool but it also makes players more focused on attaining and keeping a high KD.

This is not a bad thing if you like competitive gaming 24/7 or like to pride yourself on maintaining your KD (and generally judge everyone else by theirs). However the byproduct of this is that casual players, less serious players or "prideful" players will not enjoy the experience as they are combating people who usually only focus on getting the kill/win at all costs.

They will leave Ghosts and play other games or COD's which diminishes the player base across 5 consoles and PC.

Level 38

Studios