The same old argument….

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Highlighted

The same old argument….

I'm looking forward to Ghosts because I really enjoy Infinity Wards COD versions versus Treyarch. I've played every multiplayer of COD from Modern Warfare through BO2 and went ahead and maxed Prestiged every game. I'm not bragging I'm just setting the premise for my point. In each game I learned and adapted my play style in order to enjoy what I like most about playing online…and that's winning. In each game there's a better ways to play each match…Some maps are better to run and some are better to setup a good defense and let the kills come to us (or what people call camping).

So my point is this…I really hope that Ghosts is a game that will actually be conducive to all playing styles. I like running and gunning on maps that are small and keeps the game moving fast. I also like big maps where I can pull out a Sniper Rifle setup in a good spot and just pick off enemy players…There's nothing like hearing a guy get killed saying "WTF, where did I get shot from?".

The theme that keeps cycling through the last couple COD's has been for every person that dies to call the one who killed them a camper…It's so stupid…You could be running at a full sprint and kill a guy and the first words you hear are F***ing Camper…The ignorance of the younger players, hell even the mature players is getting old. I hope that Ghosts provides a venue that will allow everyone to play their own style.

Good luck to everyone and I hope it's better than all the rest…Here's to hopes!!! Cheers!

Level 12
25 REPLIES

Re: The same old argument….

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

Couldn't agree more bud. The COD community needs more guys like you. Like you, I have been playing COD MP since MW1, I haven't gotten to top prestige on all of them but I have prestiged on all of them. The main reason I play shooters is to snipe. From the second I got my first snipe or "hardscope" as some idiots put it, I fell in love with the playing style of a sniper. However, like you said, every map provides different challenges so as a player I had to evolve as we all do and now I enjoy the occasional run and gun madness from maps like Nuketown 2025, Dome, Rust, etc. But my biggest problem with COD MP as of late is the maps don't benefit everyone like they used to.

It's becoming harder and harder to be an effective true sniper and it's because the maps are getting more crowded and the way they are laid out channels everyone to one part of the map. I'm not saying all the maps should be Seelow or Outskirts big, that would be unfair to the SMG and shotgun users. I'm saying the maps should cater to all playing styles. Whether you're using a sniper rifle, SMG, AR, LMG, or a shotgun you should all be given a fair chance at playing well. One of the nicest things I've heard about Ghosts from the developers is that the maps are going to pay attention to every playing style. I wish I would've saved the video where I heard that from but I know it was Mark Rubin that said it.

Anyway, good luck to you Blackhawkbill, and happy hunting to everyone. Let's make it a good year! I'll cya in my crosshairs

Level 2

in reply to cubuff371

I hate sniping and do not have the patients to wait for opponents to enter my kill zone. Hate being killed by one even more. As contradictory as this might seem I do hope IW makes the game for all styles of play. That's what made MW1 and MW2 as good as they were. If they design the game were the assault rifles are the most dominant weapons (like in MW1 and 2) they should achieve a good balance. Give me my ACR or MK-14 with an ACOG scope and I'll give you guys a run for your money.

As far as the maps go, what I have seen so far isn't encouraging. The one shot kill with sniper rifles to anywhere on the body except the foot is what may make the game sniper friendly. Maybe a little too friendly.

Level 12

I agree over 9000%!

Level 8

only terrible players complain about campers in my experience and from what ive seen of the new maps its once again been made for the headless chicken crew ( run and gunners )

Level 25

Stop playing free-for-all, in team games you can't hear the opposing team. Problem Mother-F-IN solved. B to the F to the F, F, B.

Level 1

in reply to Schuesseled1

Actually you can hear the guy you killeds mic until he respawns in all of the team modes.  Its been that way for years.

Level 69

i have to adimit i was one of them "f*****g camper" guys at first, definatly if i was on a good streak and then POP ya dead, but after a while of complaining i kinda got used to the challenge of trying to find ways around without getting my self killed numerous times in the process it became fun. when i finally unlocked my smg diamond camo in bo2 i moved on to a different class namely snipers....and now i have respect for anyone who uses them, i struggled in the complete style change,but on that note one time when it does really pee me off still is on a game like dom....when the person "camping" quite literally doesnt care about capping flags only about getting some kills and most likely the hight score streaks..i still think there is a time and a place.....

Level 5

I am taking time to assess the situation. If someone happens to run by while I am doing this... so be it

Level 5

The hating will not go away, no matter what you do someone will call you a "camper, campero (spanish), corner hugger, garbage player, try hard, what ever other name losers come up with) its basically part of the game at this point.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios