Weird Frame Rate Issue

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Weird Frame Rate Issue

Is anyone else still having weird frame rate issues on occasion? Performance can feel jumpy, especially when explosions or when a lot is happening at once on screen.

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Weird Frame Rate Issue

in reply to CYGNUS20001

I still have this issue from time to time....but it's very inconsistent.

Level 1

in reply to Brandino_84

I'm experiencing similar issues. For the most part everything is fine but occasionally, out of nowhere, the framerate plays up something rotten. Happened on Stonehaven just now as I turned a corner.

The one thing I will say, I am experiencing this far more on Ghosts than I did on BO2. Not sure why that is.

Level 3

in reply to CYGNUS20001

Yes, me too. I'm glad someone else posted about this. So far, its only a minor annoyance for me and usually only lasts for about a second or two. But it would be nice not to have to deal with it :\

Level 3

in reply to N0doze2

It happens for me on most maps tbh but Stonehaven one of the worst at the bottom of the map. I did tweet a bunch of people at IW support about this and got the response back of "is my disk scratched" and it's "probably Lagg with my connection" i explained that 75dl 25ul and a 10ping all open ports with a static IP and ps4 in the dmz of my router I know they wouldn't be able to fix it there and then but was just hoping to raise awareness and maybe a response of "we are aware of the issue and are looking in to it"  the lad I play online with has given up and now plays BF but im sticking it out in the hope it will get a patch.

Overall I enjoy playing the game

Level 1

in reply to RobboFX

I hope so too. It is definitely not lag...I don't think I've ever heard of internet connection causing frame rate drops. It's got to be an issue with the system performance.

Level 3

in reply to CYGNUS20001

it's not lag is frame rate drops and my guess is they just ported it from PS3 and raised the resolution, you can notice that PS4 is not the problem, I have BF4 and it has better graphics than ghosts and i've never experienced frame rate drops, same with killzone.

Level 11

in reply to CYGNUS20001

Yes I have it on every map--sucks.  Clearly they have no idea how to fix it or they don't care to.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to CYGNUS20001

YES! All big explosions give me bad "shutter lag".

Level 7

in reply to CYGNUS20001

I got this game today on the PS4 and I've noticed this frame rate issue thing a couple of times. It's not bad enough to ruin my game but it is strange.

Level 30

Studios