What EXACTLY is quick-scoping?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

What EXACTLY is quick-scoping?

So I've been playing call of duties for a while, and have always heard people talk about quick-scoping. From what I gathered before, it seems like quick scoping is where you shoot as you are scoping in because it does something or other which is apparently good.

There are a bajillion tutorials on youtube about "how to quickscope" but they all approach the topic from the perspective that you already know what it is.

I watched a quickscoping tutorial video that mainly explained how aim assist has changed from black ops 2 to ghosts, then went on to say that although quick scoping has changed in ghosts, you can still do it -  you just really need to get sniping counting down. WTF???? What the heck does that mean?

1. Can somebody please supply me with a clear an concise answer as to what quick scoping is, especially in ghosts. Assume that I don't know anything.

2. What is sniping counting???

3. What is black-scoping????

The terms that I'm referring to are used in this video:

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: What EXACTLY is quick-scoping?

in reply to vts_elite

they are all just bunch of idi*ts trying to get views and what not,

QS- it is when a player pulls up his and ADS and fires his bullet as soon as his crosshairs come up and gets a kill

Black Scoping- not sure what this is, after all people spend more time making up random names then playing the game, but what i am assuming this to be is you ADS and get a kill while you are half way between the ADS, so the part where the black part of your scope or the outline of the scope is in your eyes and you see all black.

does it really matter though i mean all these terms are just bunch of words made up by little kids, quick scope what the hell why isnt there

quick iron- this is when you get a kill right after you ADS with iron sights

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

That sums it up perfectly. lol

Level 20
Highlighted

What would be the point of black scoping then? What is the point of quick scoping for that matter?

Level 1

in reply to vts_elite

most people that do it are doing it for two reasons

1. youtube videos

2. they are going to their position and run into an CQC enemy and they quickly push ADS trigger and fire Trigger and getting lucky

they way these maps are designed, going to the fundamentals of sniping is they only way you will go positive, i ran into a good sniper his QS were spot on and killed me tons but he still went negative, and his team still lost

Level 20

black scoping wtf lol.

thats new to me hahahah

Level 27

in reply to TRU11

TBH that is new to me also first time i heard of it what did the term Sniping got old?

Level 20

NaTuReS_FrEaK wrote:

they are all just bunch of idi*ts trying to get views and what not

And the people that complain about them are bigger idiots.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

lol im not complaining about them who told you that lol i was just telling him that is how the youtube works, you make bunch of new words and show them to little kids then they say them to their friends and hes like "where you hear that" and you go oh i heard it from this youtuber or this youtuber and so on so forth and its a spread of worth of mouth, where i come in is was this term really necessary,

No, he couldnt have been sniping he had to be quickscoping. black scoping had to be 360 scoping and what not, right?

Level 20

in reply to vts_elite

What is the benefit of quick scoping? Is the only benefit that you're quick?

Does anybody know what the following terms mean, which are in this video:

1. Black Scoping - @2:56

2. Half Scoping - @3:00

3. Sniping Counting - @3:25

Level 1

Studios