What are the benefits of creating and playing with more than one Character?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

What are the benefits of creating and playing with more than one Character?

I've made 2 players so far but mainly just use my first character. Is there any advantage to making more than 1 player? What are they?

This is more so I can get a good start on the PS4.

Level 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What are the benefits of creating and playing with more than one Character?

in reply to Jaggajatt187
Solution
‎12-11-2013 09:59 PM

If you want to reach max prestige you need to hit 60 with each character.

Level 75
8 REPLIES

in reply to Jaggajatt187

You can set up a character for specific situations and gamemodes. I know in the months coming up to the game the Devs harped on using different characters mostly in Squads where the demands of each game could range to the point that you would need to switch characters rather than try and make massive changes to multiple classes. I guess this is the new class "sets" that you could buy via DLC.

It's also the new prestige system. Before you reach level ___ then went into prestige mode. Now you unlock a character and with it gain access to new patches and backgrounds.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I haven't tried squads out. I was just wondering b/c I have like 70 squad points and thought maybe I should switch players, but 6 load outs is enough for me.

Level 13

in reply to Jaggajatt187
Solution
‎12-11-2013 09:59 PM

If you want to reach max prestige you need to hit 60 with each character.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Ok that's good to know. I thought you could just prestige one character over and over.

Level 13

in reply to Jaggajatt187
nothing really.  i have 5 of them unlocked and its a hassle to switch between them.  you barely have time between games to switch characters.  they also start with just 3 classes each.  only thing that might be nice is that you can pick you starting loadout lol.
Level 27

in reply to Jaggajatt187

Idk why you can't switch between them between games with out backing out of a lobby. .you should be able to choose other members anytime in my opinion

Level 3

in reply to docjonez420

earn squadpoints fast, 2 points for leveling up, first 10 levels is going fast. so 20 points for each char.

4 chars leveling up to 10 is 80 points for goodies.

Level 7

in reply to Jaggajatt187

As well as the prestige of "max prestige", you will also give yourself the opportunities to unlock and equip all items (weapons, equipment, perks, streaks, customisation) and try out some different patches, gear, etc. whilst still being able to save/keep your tried and tested "perfect classes".

Basically, it's a good way to push yourself out of a comfort zone and diversify gameplay or style, and to work on basic or transcendent skills.

I've called my first 6 soldiers 1st Tour, 2nd Tour, 3rd Tour, etc. and am simply treating each one as a progression of the last, with some duplicate classes (albeit with minor changes) and some new classes.

Level 34

Studios