What are you, the player, doing about the modders?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

What are you, the player, doing about the modders?

This isn't a post to complain about hackers/modders or whatever anyone is calling them. This isn't a post to beg Activision/IW to do something about these horrible players; we have a few hundred of them. This post is about what we, the players, are doing to enable these players to continue to do what they are doing.

You join a lobby, you see a clan on the other team. You look at the stats and see one of the members of that clan is a modder. The members of that clan don't care because they are receiving the benefit of it. This clan is enabling these modders.

How many of you join a lobby, see a modder in lobby and wait to see if he is on your team? If he is not on your team, you back out but if he is, you stay in because it's a easy win. No one wants to go against a modder but if he is on your team, well, that's OK.

Perhaps, you do notice a modder in lobby and you instantly back out. What a good guy you are... except, you didn't let the rest of the lobby know that they are playing with a modder. Not everyone may be as smart as you and figure out who is a hacker.

I think you are getting the point.

When I grew up, I learned that if you want to make changes, you first make the changes that you can for yourself. The popular opinion (not one I share) is that IW is doing nothing about the modders but neither are the players. We, as a community, are enabling them. We are the drug dealers giving the addicts their next fix.

Why are people modding? It's because those who mod have a low self-esteem and need ways to get accepted. They're not doing it for the challenge. It can't be fun to play easy mode on a game, hours after hours after hours. Stop making these runts feel good about themselves!

I've decided to go on a 1 man crusade against modders. I am going to try to make their games as miserable as I can. To hell with my K/D ratio. To hell with my W/L ratio.

I will call the modder out in the lobby so that everyone knows. I will let them know that I know they have a low self esteem. I will call their friends out in the lobby too.

If a modder is on my team, I will troll them the entire game. I will trap them in corners. I will stand in front of them. I will shoot near them into the air to give the enemy an idea where they are located. I will let the team know what I am doing. I will play hardcore so that ricochet will hurt them.

There is a lot more I can do and there is plenty that this community can do to not make it fun for the modders to play. Let's ruin the game for them as they have done for us!

Who is with me?! Who has any other ideas that we can do to make their lives miserable?

Level 40
28 REPLIES

Re: What are you, the player, doing about the modders?

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

How do you spot a modder in the lobby? Apart from the blank square. When I find a hacker like today, got hit by hip firing 208 from the length of the prison break building site, it's too late. Aimbots a botch ! If you in UK psn me no point discussing on an open forum . Or better still how's about forming a clan specifically to troll the usual suspects ?

Level 14

in reply to milo-iq

Look at the lobby leaderboards. Most of the time, they are a huge indicator. The numbers tend to be so huge that it should just raise a big red flag for you.

I am located in the USA, in California. I am not interested in making a clan or friends. I got plenty of them and a clan. I've even thought of making a new name for this venture though. If enough interest, maybe then, but for only a few people, not worth my time.

Level 40

Pencil me in on clan idea, as you friends list full and I'm happy in my current clan however to be effective need co ordination maybe use groupme.

Level 14

Um that sounds ok... But when the game is broken because of what they can do (all the cheats they use or the XP) I will not stay there and take a chance of getting caught up in the bans when it happens.

Level 12

in reply to thehunan

Not asking you to. You said you leave which is a good way of handling it like I said, but make sure all the other players in the lobby know there is a modder there. Leaving without saying anything will leave the ignorant players who have no idea what's going on will just give the modders a reason to play. Take away their fun just like they are taking away yours. Knowledge is power and more and more that we get players to stop playing with these modders or out to take their fun away, the less appealing modding will be.

Level 40

Sorry forgot to mention that I look at recent players and report them. I have (not all the time) said oh look at this guys stats and point out hackers...

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to thehunan

Make sure you do, explain to those who don't understand what you mean so that they know what to look for. The more that we get players to stop playing with these modders, the less appealing it is going to be.

Think like this, if you are a modder and it take 5 minutes to get a game to finally start because everyone keeps leaving, and when it finally does, the players who joined all leave, the modder isn't able to play then. Its no fun if you have no one to play against.

Level 40

Nothing really. It's more up to the developers to actually do something about it. Based on previous "updates", I'm guessing they'll do something about it but not until the next update or whatever. I liked playing MW3 a lot but with all the hackers/modders, it's a joke. No sense in complaining about it to IW since that game is long been off the shelf. Really enjoy playing SnD on MW3 against hackers who are both invisible AND invincible. Pretty sad that they let the game get that bad and won't even do anything about it.

As for Ghosts, I've seen aimbotters a lot as well as a couple wall hackers. The main hack I see a lot is the Magnum hack, or whatever it's called. Played a few games of TDM last night and this one loser douche had the hack on and was dropping people on Siege in one shot with the magnum from LOOOOOOONG distance. Pure BS. Personally I find it uber lame for someone to cheat in a MP game. You wanna cheat on SP/campaign? Fine, you're only fooling yourself into believing you're good. But in MP, I guess there are certain 10 year olds that derive pleasure from having great stats in a video game. As if that is somehow going to mitigate their eventual failure as an adult or something.

Whenever I come across a hacker, I just leave the lobby. I tried contacting IW about it earlier but they were all like,

-do you have a screenshot of the incident?

-do you have video of the alleged hacking?

-do you have any other proof of the incident?

Seriously, the fuck do I look like? You think I have everything setup prior to playing JUST so I can grab evidence on hackers? The game is lame but the attitude and half assedness of the support staff is even worse.

Level 10

in reply to h1r0l3r

Thanks for contributing nothing. This wasn't a post to complain about them, its a post to get the community to stop making it fun for the modders to play. You can wait for the developers to do something or you can make the modders not have fun.

Read your post. You were in a lobby with a guy who can 1HK people with a magnum from a long distance. What did you do about it? Did you stay? How many of those kills did the guy have to get before you left? Did you tell your teammates about them?

As long as you are enabling them, you are just as bad as the developers who haven't done anything about it.

Level 40

Studios