What tactical do you use?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

What tactical do you use?

We play mostly hardcore modes, so selecting a tactical is easy most of the time.  When we play core modes during clan wars however, I have no clue what to use as my tactical. 

In the past, a flash bang was a good choice.  It hit a big area so you got a lot of assists.  Throw recon on it and you get more assists.  The flash bang in Ghosts is very substandard to previous games.

EMP grenade paired with sitrep was always a solid choice as well.  Being able to see equipment and break it was good stuff that helped your team out, even if they didn't know it.  There is no emp nade in Ghosts.  The nine bang requires you to stand there for 5 seconds to charge it.  5 seconds in an eternity in ghosts.

Playing Domination, I generally run smoke and incog and try to cap flags, but playing modes like TDM and KC, this set up is less useful.  What tacticals do you guys use in core modes?

Level 29
5 REPLIES

Re: What tactical do you use?

in reply to Highwayman0226

TDM in core, I run an extra perk slot instead of a tactical. Like you said, the stun nades are weak in Ghosts compared to previous CODs. And in HC we all know what to use.

Level 5

in reply to TH3_G00D_S0LD13R

I go for the extra slot more times than not as well.  It's just kind of amazing how weak and useless the tacticals are in Ghosts.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

I like perks!

Level 42

in reply to KurtK24

Yeah, I'm more about the perks too. This is one issue that the developers have balanced nicely IMO. I say that because it always seems that you're always 1 point shy of being able to have the best of both worlds. Thusly the players is not OP by virtue of having perfect setups in both weapon and perks. 

Level 20

in reply to theroc23

A perk point seems to be the best choice.  Do you guys feel that the tacticals are pretty weak in ghosts compared to previous games?  EMP nade in BO2?  Flashbang in MW3?  Decoy Grenade!?

Level 29

Studios