Why does W/L K/D matter so much?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Why does W/L K/D matter so much?

Someone answer this to me.

I've been bashed countless times, saying I'm not good at this game, I should sell it. I should kill myself.

Why can't people learn to enjoy the game with the people they're with instead of worrying about loosing. Who cares.

This is what K/D / W/L means to me.

Hello yes.

I would like a #2 No pickle, No mustard, Heavy Ketchup, A medium Fry, and a Medium Dr. Pepper.

Level 12
27 REPLIES

Re: Why does W/L K/D matter so much?

in reply to 0rphansim

im with u bro, im not pro at thsi game,but sincerly i dont understand ppl that cares a LOT his/her ratio, also i dont care about it, normally they are children, just ignore or mute those kids that are crying for the ratio....

Level 1

in reply to 0rphansim

um cause the difference between my and your stats tells how much my "THING" is bigger then yours, i think

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

No, this is what it means.

K/D=depending on how big your ass is and how many twinkies you could eat in a minute.

W/L=how many of grease you have on your face and how many days you went without a shower

That's what it means. Only players that look and act the same care

Level 4

in reply to 0rphansim

people are eliteists man. they think because their camping has a higher K/d that they are better then you and have more skill. when really it shows they have no skill. just because their numbers are better doesnt mean your a better player. personally i prefer to play with run and gunners cause lets face it anyone can lock down an area by staying staionary. lets see the same person win by blitzing. bet they cant. the ones that bother me are the people that camp with an LMG and a thermal and their defence is i was sniping. rigggggght. if your sniping your not useing an LMG. try a sniper rifle or a marksmans rifle. cause sniping doesnt mean spraying bullets in an area from a long distance to rack up kills. sniping is defined as:

shoot at someone from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range

now the key here is the especially accurately part. 5 shots from an LMG isnt accurate. 1 maybe 2 tops. also ask any trained sniper they will tell you the golden rule when snipeing.

"Never fire more then 2 shots from any given locate when not in a hide." and being you cant build hides in the game the point is made.

btw man if your looking for some more like minded individuals get at us . www.metalgearsfcod.com

Level 4

in reply to 0rphansim

K/D by itself means nothing. The funny thing is those who talk a ton of crap often are the rage quitters and the dashboarders. Usually if someone talks crap to me in the lobby about my K/D, I like to give them a some "free samples", often they leave pretty quickly once I have air support up. Sometimes, I like to send them a nice message afterwards, they rarely ever respond or just back out the next time they see me.

IMO, W/L and score per game are the two stats I would say I care about, as those are more representative of overall ability in the game. I could care less if my K/D takes a hit as long as we win.

Level 25

in reply to 0rphansim

I strictly play for fun. For me winning is much more fun than losing, but losing is also part of the game and I take it in stride. What does irk are supposedly "play for fun" teammate that play foolishly to the point of almost getting killed on purpose as they run to the same place and get killed over and over.

The bottom line is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with being bad at the game, but playing foolishly in TEAM ORIENTED formats is selfish and inexcusable. It's not really easy for the rest of the team to make up for 5-29 stooge. To those players I say- "Slow down and give your teammates a chance".

Level 20

in reply to 0rphansim

KD is pretty much worthless.  As with every other stat in the game it's easily manipulated.  However, for those that would rather judge someone based on stats then it's an indicator albeit a rather shallow one.  You really have to pair it up with average kills per game or SPM or something of that like to get a feel for the players abilities and lets not forget gamemode and the factoring of their W/L into the equation.  With so many things that have to be considered to even give KD a proper judgment, it's a wonder that anyone puts much stock in KDs value beyond the extremely low numbers.  W/L is more valuable but the number alone really doesn't say much about the player unless it's at the extreme ends.  A person with an extremely low W/L is going to be pretty useless as a teammate.  That is if winning is your goal.  A person with an extremely high W/L is going to likely be someone that plays in a party all time or in IW games plays Infected.  You won't know if they are a major contributor to the win or not based on their W/L but at the very least they aren't preventing their team from winning.  For a solo player the W/L is harder to read because they don't have any real say in the outcome of the game beyond their personal contribution.  To be a solo player and have a W/L in the 40 to 45% range, I find that those guys are often good teammates.  Solo players in the 45 to 50% range generally are the guys that can backpack their team to a win.  Again all stats can be manipulated.  So these are just general statements.

Now on to the other part of your question.  If you aren't enjoying the people that you are with win or lose then you are doing something wrong.  The whole point of a game is to have fun.  That's it.  Everything else is incidental.  If you start by having fun eventually the other stuff will work itself out even if you never find it to be important stuff.

Level 69

in reply to 0rphansim

Well, you answered your own question as, at the end of the day, it only matters to those who think it matters. It is a video game and for the most part, the people who would bash you about your stats are anonymous strangers so why would their opinion count for anything? I think phxs72 nailed it and provide a clear and reasoned response which is very refreshing to read.

Level 5

in reply to 0rphansim

It only matters in TDM and FFA

Level 31

Studios