hackers and cheaters

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

hackers and cheaters

anyone out there interested in starting and compiling a list of suspected hackers and cheaters?? I'm thinking maybe something will get done if there is more accurate participation by us legit players!! reporting doesn't seem to be doing much, the powers that be have, I'm sure a lot of reported players to investigate. if us legit players run into the same players at different times and different lobbies, maybe they will have no choice but to take action!!! last of all who thinks there should be stiffer penalties?? i.e. instead of suspending your account( as we all know most hackers have several) they suspend your I.P.adress from online play!! this should definetly help

Level 1
23 REPLIES

Re: hackers and cheaters

in reply to jayjay37

1. Reporting is all us players can do.

2. If you do make a list, where are you going to post it? It won't be allowed on these forums because of the strict no-name-shaming policy.
3. The modders/cheaters can create new accounts very quickly so that banning names ends up being redundant.

4. Suspending IP addresses doesn't work because I can unplug my modem for a period of time and when plugging it back in, get a new IP address. Then the old IP address, while blocked, can get to an innocent player who will end up blocked from playing.

5. Wait to see what the new patch does tomorrow and see if it fixes anything. Who knows, perhaps they solved the problem.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

doesn't the console retain a static I.P. address there has to be some way of of linking console to player I.D.?? as far as a list if we have enough people willing to participate a separate site will be given to create the list and then submitted to the proper channels

Level 1

in reply to jayjay37

The console does not retain a static IP address nor would you ever want one unless you were hosting a server. I am also sure that there is a way of linking console to player ID but I believe that Sony keeps that confidential, otherwise, more companies would be able to send bans out easier. I am sure Activision would love this feature.

As for the list, I have seen numerous people doing this in the past, including some now on Youtube, you have been trying this and no one sticks it out. The biggest problem is people rather play the game than play policeman and do all the work to go out, name them, show proof and what not.

Plus you'll have plenty of people who are innocently named by some misunderstood player who thinks a KEM stike within the first 10 kills of a game is impossible and that the person who called the CP in is a cheater.

Level 40

I definttly see your point were not looking for the guy who gets lucky with the random care package kem strike were out for the one that is clearly using cheats like aimbot and god mode etc. our clan aint bad and when our entire team cant kill a dude there is something wrong

Level 1

I think they'd have to do it by MAC address, which would be on Sony, then. Then I'd hate to be the person who buys a used PS3 that had their MAC address banned.

Level 1

There should be a button you can push and it will trace back to the offenders console, if they are cheating then "BOOM" the console blows up! I like that idea!

Level 11

in reply to USMC-NUT-KRACKE

I wish they would. Having a PS3 is a privilege and if you choose to abuse the privilege, you should lose it.

Level 40

The only way you can get a "new IP" is by contacting your ISP.

Unplugging and plugging back in doesn't give you a new IP

Level 2

in reply to MrPlow-C

That depends on your ISP. Many ISPs use Dynamic IP address for IP addressing but there are some ISPs that give you static IP addresses automatically or you can pay a premium price for one.

Level 40

Studios