hi all my NAT type is strict at the moment does anybody know how to change it to open or moderate? i cannot play with friends due to this and is really starting to annoy me!

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

hi all my NAT type is strict at the moment does anybody know how to change it to open or moderate? i cannot play with friends due to this and is really starting to annoy me!

@

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: hi all my NAT type is strict at the moment does anybody know how to change it to open or moderate? i cannot play with friends due to this and is really starting to annoy me!

in reply to pals90

I spent 10 hours and $40 on the phone with tech support. Changed all router settings, ps3 settings, etc. I don't think it can be fixed on our end honestly. This is the first game I've ever had issues with. Always had open NATs on every COD game. I run 2 PS3s off same router. Never had issues until Ghosts. Time to return and spread the word GHOSTS BUYERS BEWARE!

Level 1

Re: hi all my NAT type is strict at the moment does anybody know how to change it to open or moderate? i cannot play with friends due to this and is really starting to annoy me!

in reply to snorfer6661

I have 2 PS3's, Ghosts on one shows open, the other shows strict, I have no idea why. The one that's on strict is running on WIFI, the one that runs open, is hard wired, but on occasion has shown moderate. I have no clue what determines one mode or the other. I don't seem to have any trouble running on strict, but I play solo if that makes any diff. 

Level 22

in reply to snorfer6661

exact same thing here never ran moderat now am did all i was told to do ran worse so put it back to normal and living with the issue i did not receive any response as to why all of a sudden im moderate i now u was talking strict but its still frustrating for me... aslo i have 3 ps3's 1 hrdlined mod. 2 wireless mod. i have a internet speed of 50/5 playstation dosnt allow all that but when i check it im on a steady 42/4 or so hrdlined in and 30-35/3.5  wireless

Level 3

in reply to pals90

Have you tried testing your connections under System Settings. Run it and see if it helps. It opened mine up but I cannot say for sure if it will work for you. It's worth a try though. Good luck.

Level 1

in reply to pals90

I solved this problem by enabling the DMZ mode on my router for the IP address my PS3 is using. My PS3 is on DHCP but it gets assigned the same IP every time I switch it on e.g. 192.168.1.7. So just go into your routers settings and enable DMZ for the IP address your PS3 is using. If you find your IP address assigned to the PS3 keeps changing then go to your PS3's intenet settings and set it up manually with a static IP address. Then enable DMZ for that address on your router. I hope this helps.

Level 1

in reply to giraffeweevil1

This^^^^^.

Level 9

in reply to pals90

if you haven't done static ip the do that.if you have then change the last numbers and log back in..mine was doing this when i first bought ghosts..it will do it if you play another game like blops2 nat was open on blops..then played ghosts and it was moderate ..changed the last numbers on the static ip and it goes to open

Level 6

in reply to pals90

If you have MW3 or BO2. Load that game first, then load Ghosts. It might open your NAT type. Ive never had the problem but my mate had to load MW2 to then play MW3 because of the same reason. Hope this helps.

Level 1

in reply to pals90

Same issue here....dont think its anything we can do until they patch...played all day on an open NAT today but i had to log in and log out a few times...this game is so new and so swamped with players right now it may be there servers...i know its very frustrating but i honestly dont think its our faults...mw3 and black ops did the same when 1st released

Level 3

Studios