is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

i can't even aim without grip

Level 19
34 REPLIES

Re: is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

in reply to Jaliy82

Whats your gripe with grip?

JUst kidding.

YEah it feels like all the smg's need grip. I like the vector with grip and silencer. It's accurate and still has good damage. I also liked the mtar with red dot and silencer.

THe vector can still be used at long range as well. The mtar isn't great at long range though so just stick to medium and close with that one.

I Don't like the bizon. It runs through ammo and it isn't very accurate either. The cmj just feels weak and outclassed in every category. The k7 is good at very close range but damage drops off considerably after that. The vepr I still don't have a good feel for yet so far I haven't liked it but I still need to give it a chance. But so far I notice it's not too accurate and it goes through ammo a little too fast.

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

I have to agree about the K7... I love it, but it's only really good in CQC. It loses everything else.

Level 7

in reply to Jaliy82

Its definitely not the go to weapon of this game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Jaliy82

With these size maps SMG deserve and should be inferior weapons.  They are deadly up close, but don't be expecting to kill people like in Blops2 with them because it's not gonna happen.  They have them balanced perfectly, if you are close you can get plenty of kills with it if accurate.  If you just spray and pray then you will get smashed by an AR.  From a distance you have no chance against a sniper.  So they are made to be used in CQ gunfights, as they were intended when designed.

Level 7

in reply to Jaliy82

It's you.

Level 75

in reply to Jaliy82

maps like strikezone are perfect for an SMG.

ill say it again: unlike previous COD , this COD requires difference approaches for each map.

i have no problem using an smg .

Level 27
Highlighted

in reply to Jaliy82
The SMG's are grossly underpowered, The only one worth using is the K7. The rest are absolute garbage, Even up close they take way too many rounds to drop someone. The fact you can't use RF+ EXT Mags is moronic,I don't see why they had to nerf them so badly considering the map sizes/layouts favour AR's. Same deal with the shotguns, Piss weak.  
Level 19

in reply to Jaliy82

SMGs are exactly what they should be, close quarters weapons and nothing more. Sorry the MP7, the Ak74u and the Peacekeeper are gone, no more getting shot across the map with an SMG. Choose what maps to use them on and make a loadout that fits their strengths and they will perform optimally.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Hate to break it to you but the Honey Badger is the new hybrid, even if it is classified as an assault rifle. It's actually really good in CQC.

Level 7

Studios