is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

in reply to brentcers37

Very true, it is good for CQC but long range, it takes more bullets to kill someone than most ARs. It balances out.

Level 40

in reply to brentcers37

The new hybrid is the MTAR-X. That was a pointless comment, it had nothing to do with what I said at all.

Level 20

in reply to Jaliy82

The SMGs are deadlier than an AR as long as you stay within it's range, the damage and accuracy lost over range is horrendous, veper has an ok range, and  mtar has amazingly low recoil for an SMG and pretty good iron sights too.. IMO the SMGs are useful in this game but marathon and agility is needed to get you to the weapons most efficient area quickly. And you can always pick up a gun for longe range

Level 15
Highlighted

in reply to Jaliy82

SMGs are fine the way they are. You don't need a grip on any of them. Learn to burst fire, if you are just holding down the trigger and not expecting recoil to kick in and have your bullets go off target then go back to blops2 where smg's and run n gun are king.  Next people will be asking for upgrades to the pistols cause they can't get across the map 1 bullet kills (minus the lucky headshot)  anymore.

Level 5

in reply to Capt_Teabagger

Funny thing is the pistols perform better than the smgs, They kill faster and have a longer range. That 3 burst pistol > The SMGs.

Level 19

in reply to scumbaggah

Wouldnt pistols have a longer range anyway? I know very little about guns so gt no clue but I imagine it entirely possible.

Level 15

in reply to Capt_Teabagger

if i have to use burst fire, why use smg?  just use assault rifle

Level 19

in reply to Jaliy82

Did you really just say that? This post explains how the problem is very much YOU.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

how is the problem very much me?

Level 19

in reply to Jaliy82

He's not talking about the attachment, he's saying don't hold the trigger down and allow the gun to go bananas. Fire off 4-5 shots and release allowing the gun to recenter and then tap the trigger again.

Level 75

Studios