is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: is it me or the smg is horrible in this game?

in reply to Ghamorra

i know what he's talking about

i'm asking if i'm gonna tap trigger why use smg in the first place?  assult rifle can do everything better

smg is meant to hold down and spam

Level 19

in reply to Jaliy82

Jaliy wrote:

smg is meant to hold down and spam

This is why you shouldn't be in charge of gun balancing. If the gun was meant to be spammed they wouldn't have put iron sights on it. YOU feel that's how SMGs shouldn't be used and you're wrong which explains why you're having troubles.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

lol obviously you don't know what iron sight does.  all "sights" are meant to aim, the better the sights, the better the aim.  now tell me if iron sight is good for aiming

Level 19

in reply to Jaliy82

Go to a gun range and fire off a clip with any smg and see how accurate it is when you just unload a full clip of spraying. Then try it with burst fire and see how many more bullets actually hit the target.

And I will say it again. People who got all use to run n gun from the last 3 CoD games are in for a rude awaking if they think that the mad rusher with an smg is going to be the top score on the team. The ARs, snipers,and markman rifles are going to mow you down on most of the bigger maps before you even have a chance to aim your smg regardless of what sight you pick.

The more I play ghost the funnier I find watching the mad rusher trying to run across giant areas just to take a bullet to the head, even funnier when you get to hear them complain at the moment of death. Or the bitchfest in the lobby about campers owning them.

Level 5

in reply to Jaliy82

Yeah they should and they do have a longer range (I was mainly responding to his "Next you will want the pistols to hit people across the map comment") and an SMG should be dominant at mid range but they are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. You practically have to have the gun barrel up a guys nose to do any damage.

EDIT* Was meant to respond to Chucky.

Level 19

in reply to scumbaggah

Ah, ok. Agree with the pistol statement, And fair enough you could say the areas where the range suits the SMGs are few and far between but inside there decent damage range, they are superior to ARs in my opinion of course, plus good hip fire and pre-firing works excellent too. But overall ARs are much more efficient in ghosts

Level 15

in reply to Jaliy82

Ran out of ammo and picked up the K7, damn good gun with great damage. Sure it has recoil as should any gun with a high rate of fire, but that doesn't matter up close where an SMG should thrive. The closer the target is the less influence recoil has. It's basic, fundamental combat.

Level 75

in reply to Jaliy82

I only use the vector when I play blitz. Every other game mode, I use and AR like the r5 or HB.

Level 20

in reply to Jaliy82

I Don't think the smgs are underpowered I think it's the AR that are over powered the honey badger and Remington are so OP they have zero recoil and are unbelievable at long range I've not tryed the other AR apart from the msmb and that's just ok very inconsistent.

Level 12

in reply to Jaliy82

I find that the MTAR and K7 are both fine without grip.  The Vector technically doesn't need it either if you burst fire it.  I've actually clipped a guy from the Houses on top of the hill all the way down past the A flag on Stonehenge with it.  The biggest issue for most is that the lines of sight are longer in Ghosts than they have been in the past two titles and as such the recoil and damage drop for SMGs has actual meaning.  You just have to adjust your routes to keep the lines of sight in your favor.

Level 69

Studios