what's the minimum internet speed to play this online?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

what's the minimum internet speed to play this online?

im gonna have to get the economy plus internet from comcast (3mbps) to save money. i have no clue how slow the wireless connection is gonna be but, whats the minimum speed to play this game online? i like playing games online so it's gonna suck if i can no longer do that when i get this internet.

Level 3
42 REPLIES

Re: what's the minimum internet speed to play this online?

in reply to crashhat69

Treyarch rewards the player with the best internet.

Infinity Ward caters to the new players "noobs" to excel in this game you need dialup 56kb/s.

Level 6

in reply to Ascension-Xx

what are the upload speeds and ping. Those are more important.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

according the the comcast site the upload speeds for this internet is going to be 768kbps,as for ping i have no clue

Level 3

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Treyarch did what now ??? have u played BO2 ???

Level 4

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Think you might have got that one around the wrong way buddy, Black Ops was extremely forgiving to those with high latency (Slow) links allowing them to take bullets turn around and unload without dying. Ghosts at least they are dead before they get the chance to turn. Found this game to be the best for Connection in a long time.

Level 21

in reply to crashhat69

That should be plenty of bandwidth. Your upload is usually .375 m with comcast economy which is sufficient as long as no one else is using upload bandwidth on your connection while you play.

Level 19

in reply to crashhat69

i have the performance internet (20mbps) right now so this is gonna be a HUGE drop in speed

Level 3

in reply to crashhat69

crashhat69 wrote:

i have the performance internet (20mbps) right now so this is gonna be a HUGE drop in speed

its NOT speed , its bandwidth there is a major difference, EVERYONES internet sends and receives data at basically the same speed, having more bandwidth allows to you do download or upload more data in one go. Hence why it seems faster.

this game uses a tiny amount of bandwidth to give you an idea.. if your host which is the most intensive usage of bandwidth when gaming in CoD you'd only be using max 50KB/s  down and around 40KB/s up.

Things that WILL affect how well the game plays is ping,  line quality, whether you play via wifi or wired and whether your isp on a basic package adds any traffic management to your connection

Level 75

in reply to crashhat69

why dont you just call comcast and ask for a bundle deal

Level 6

Studios