Ante Up - Rewards Points Increase for Ask and Answer Questions Week

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Ante Up - Rewards Points Increase for Ask and Answer Questions Week

Welcome to the first ever Activision Rewards Ask and Answer Questions Week! Starting today, March 18, to Tuesday, March 25 earn DOUBLE Rewards Points for asking and answering Support Questions in the Forums. We're even doubling the Bonus Rewards Points for Leveling Up certain Badges upon completion!

All you have to do is visit the Support Forums, ask Support related questions, or, pick questions from your fellow community members and answer them! You can find the most recent questions at the top of the Support Forums under “Recent Questions”, or use the QuestionBank to answer commonly asked questions from the community!

Capture.JPG

Earn double Rewards Points for asking and answering questions towards Rewards Badges such as:

• Don’t Be Shy
  • Seal of Approval
  • Thankful
  • Fountain of Knowledge
  • Insightful
  • Right On
  • Stay Classy

GamificationIcons-01cs5_DontBeShy_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_SealofApproval_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_Thankful_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_FountainofKnowledge_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_Insightful_1_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_RightOn_1_75x75.png

You’ll also earn double Bonus Rewards Points when you Level Up the following Badges to Level 2 or higher:

• Don’t Be Shy
  • Seal of Approval
  • Fountain of Knowledge
  • Right On

GamificationIcons-01cs5_DontBeShy_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_SealofApproval_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_FountainofKnowledge_5_75x75.pngGamificationIcons-01cs5_RightOn_5_75x75.png

As a bonus, 5 randomly selected community members from the top of the Rewards Leaderboards “This Week” section will receive the rare Kudos Badge!

d20140130-001_CS_Forum_Badges_KUDOS.jpg

So what are you waiting for?! Jump in and start earning those Badges.

Level 19
20 REPLIES

Re: Ante Up - Rewards Points Increase for Ask and Answer Questions Week

in reply to Gypsy816

And if we already maxed out those badges ? Like be a superhero is now worth 4000 points . do those of us that have previously maxed them get to watch others leapfrog us?

Level 75

in reply to Gypsy816

awesome more spam in the support forums cos we didn't have enough this weekend not that anyone in CS would've noticed as they all buggered off the forums .

here's an idea how about instead of expecting us to do supports job for them  .. how about they get the heads out of somewhere and actually do what they are PAID to do?

Sorry but this really annoys me after the debacle and fail of this weekend the first thing you do is come onto the forums and throw another reward program idea at us? Why the heck should we do Cs's job for them when CS cant even be bothered to? .

As for the rewards program , every time you add another "incentive" you diminish what some of us have already worked for (which was mostly to get back the ranks you took from us in the first place when you introduced this thing ) . This entire rewards program is a complete waste of time, your inability to see or want to work past the support forums for it makes it pointless. Anytime we point out a flaw or raise a valid complaint you just shoot down our feedback and say basically this is how it is. We worked for badges, then tell people they can get them for free, we worked to get points back, to get our ranks back, now you add this.Nope nope nope nope

True story - These forums were a heck of a lot better before CS started interfering in everything, you're trying to turn our GAMING forums and community into a glorified bad cheap looking copy of the XBL ambassador program. Thing is that I don't think anyone in the mothership considered when ths idea got greenlighted was... We CAN'T answer support questions as we are as clueless as the people who asking the the questions in the first place are. And sorry to state the obvious here but ,after this weekend we aren't exactly enthralled by the way our community was treated.

The majority of us didn't login into the forums to do CS's job for them we came on here to discuss the game , something that each week gets harder and harder to do as the forums are fubared and people are leaving the site for better managed and run community forums .,

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Mac you forgot to mention the occaisions when we do try and give people advise only to be given abuse and shouted down because what we said differs from what somebody posted on youtube and such.

Level 67

in reply to Maccabi

I teh Troll of Dragons do agree with what was said here.

Now these forums are more a game than a place to discuss problems and get helpful advice. These forums are more about what badge you have, how many points you have, what level you are.

Which makes these forums more of a joke and a farce compared to the older way that it used to be done where such things were less important. Reputation systems of and by them self ruin forums because of how people respond to them and abuse them to gain high status thinking it makes them better than other individuals on the forums.

The star system was far better since it just ranked how long a person has been a member. This current system is a joke for it is easily abused and with these special badges proves who is willing to abuse it the most to get the badge.

These rare badges should be seen more as an insult to have one than as a mark as being a good forum member.

Level 70

in reply to Gypsy816

Macs response sounds harsh, but there is a good reason. Since the start of the forum point system a lot of us regulars have given our input into its direction, and it has been largely ignored.

• We have pushed for general forum activities to be rewarded to balance out Support related points ; alas the direct opposite of that has happened and we have double points encouraging Support activity.
  • If a Kudos badge can be implemented - one which is handed out by the powers that be, then a lot of the suggestions in Re: Website Badge Suggestions can be implemented.
  • We asked for CS to be buffed - instead they have been nerfed and disconcertingly unsighted for the past week. This is a terrible look for the Support section. And, it couldn't have come at a worse time given the "banning" debacle over the weekend. CS has left the building and 'we' have been left to fend for ourselves. Customers are being treated as gamification toys. To save me prattling on, I gave my constructive feedback in "Support Forum Updates".
  • The forum point system is great for involvement. However, this past weekend highlighted the areas actually needing attention for the forum to grow. In one word "COMMUNICATION" within the forum, linking within the cod community. The forum required our community managers to get involved and smooth the waters due to the false bannings,, alas at the moment the forum is not getting this support - which is hindering its growth. Using twitter as the hub of IW communication is laughable when we have a forum.
  • We would like simple things fixed --> "More" button to work correctly,, "last reply" button for threads in the menus, Black text on dark grey background in the headers changed back to white.
  • Lastly, I'm hoping that "random" Kudos actually means "deserved" Kudos. 
________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

We're actually working on implementing some of the Badges from that thread, FYI.

As for the forum bugs like the black on black text, they are being looked into currently.

Level 19

in reply to Gypsy816

Gypsy816 wrote:

We're actually working on implementing some of the Badges from that thread, FYI.

As for the forum bugs like the black on black text, they are being looked into currently.

Whoever removed the extra heading in the answer bank ..it looks much better ,

it's still not correctly named though its a question bank , answer bank implies its full of answers .If we must have the utterly pointless recent questions module can someone please move the recent content module above it (takes 20 secs its just a simple drag and drop) . As its annoying having to scroll past two additional modules just to find the most recent post as people don't always post their issue as a question.

As for the black and black text its not a bug,  its a simple 1 min go into the admin panel and change the font color , as are most of the issues with the forums that no one ever fixes.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I'll ask the team to look into changing the font.

I removed the extra section in the QuestionBank because the spacing was driving me nuts, haha. I'm a little confused on the QuestionBank comment, though. When you click one of the boxes, it takes you to all the unanswered questions about that topic.

Level 19

in reply to Gypsy816

Gypsy816 wrote:

I'll ask the team to look into changing the font.

I removed the extra section in the QuestionBank because the spacing was driving me nuts, haha. I'm a little confused on the QuestionBank comment, though. When you click one of the boxes, it takes you to all the unanswered questions about that topic.

That's my point an answer bank implies its full of answers its not its full of questions, For it to be an answer bank you would need it to show a list of answered (or answered correctly posts).

Atm all you have is basically someone comes to the forum looking for an answer about a clan app issue. they click the clans answer bank and the name implies its full of answers and  find a post that is about their issue..click it and discover its not a solution but an unanswered question. Its the opposite of what they were expecting.

What makes a good support/ Cs service is speed in getting an answer or an issue fixed, its like most things with this games CS its just more pointless hops that lead to frustration for the end user.

i get why we have it as I assume you guys figured it would help people answering questions, but a support forum should be tailored to the person needing support not the people giving it.

when you wander over to the webteam to ask them about the font change, remind them they still haven't fixed the more button its getting ridiculous now its been months .

forum usability is vital.

Level 75

Studios