Anyone know why I cant connect to the Ghost server using a wired, campus connection?

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Anyone know why I cant connect to the Ghost server using a wired, campus connection?

Anyone know why I cant connect to the Ghost server using a wired, campus connection? I have connected before, it rarely happens but it does happen. Usually later at night. It seems to not work during the day or on weekends. Campus IT says the ports are open, so Im lost. Other games work just fine by the way, its just the games in the Call of Duty series

Level 3
15 REPLIES

Re: Anyone know why I cant connect to the Ghost server using a wired, campus connection?

in reply to mattiedale

Hey mattiedale,

Which system are you playing Ghosts on? Also, what does your NAT type show in-game?

^MC

Community Coordinator

Re: Anyone know why I cant connect to the Ghost server using a wired, campus connection?

in reply to _Pwnies_

I play on PS4 and my NAT type is 2. My internet connection test is also good.

Level 3

in reply to mattiedale

When I lived in my dorm Freshman year the network wouldn't allow game console to connect. You had to jump through about a dozen hoops to get it to work.  My guess was because the crappy internet we had. The ping was outrageous as each floor shared a signal.

Level 75

in reply to mattiedale

they could be blocking the ports so people dont play p2p games

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

Thats what I thought originally but they say the ports were opened after people were complaining, I have no idea what could be wrong. Sometimes I can play, most times I cant.

Level 3

in reply to mattiedale

that may be the connection speed try using speedtest.net and pingtest.net

Level 6

in reply to mattiedale

Probably ports and/or firewall.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to dtuchpunk

dtuchpunk wrote:

Probably ports and/or firewall.

You can test if it's a firewall or not if you can connect to XBL or PSN. Firewalls usually 100% block access to the internet. So if you can login to either service then it's not that.

Level 75

in reply to mattiedale

I can connect to PSN just fine, and my other online games let me connect to their servers, such as Assasins Creed, Killzone, etc. But I want to play COD hahaha. My internet connection test runs good on the playstation itself and my speedtest results are: Ping 55ms, Download 3.91mbs, Upload 88.62mbs.

Level 3

Studios