COD Ghost crashes on PC during loading of Federation day level.

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

COD Ghost crashes on PC during loading of Federation day level.

running COD ghost on 4gb ram and games load fine and gameplay is good. However i'm trying to load federation day level and game crashes whilst loading. All other levels up to federation day load fine. I cannot play anymore!

Windows 8.1

4gb Ram

Intel HD 4000 grahics

Lenovo yoga 13

Any help most welcome as I'm stuck!!!!

Level 1
23 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: COD Ghost crashes on PC during loading of Federation day level.

in reply to ejsthebest1

Hello ejsthebest1,

Thank you for posting your concerns!

Have you been able to verify your game cache files? If not, visit this link to get further instructions: Verify Game Cache Files (GCF) - How To's - Knowledge Base - Steam Support. We also have some troubleshooting steps that could help you with this. Please take a look at: Activision Support.

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support

Player Support

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

Hi, Yes I did and all was fine! I have this now for a long time...completely stuck and want my money back. I also changed my Ram to 8GB but did didn't help. In fact took the same time to load. I also have scaled back all video settings and this doesn't help either.

Please help.....

Level 1

in reply to ejsthebest1

Hey ejsthebest1,

After you installed the 8GB of RAM, did you reinstall the game? If not, I suggest you do so just in case. Also, are you only experiencing crashing in that part of Ghosts?

^MC

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to ejsthebest1

Hi,

Yes I did reinstall it everytime I have changed something in the settings of my PC. It is only when I load this level it happens. Its clearly a bug as play up to this level was fine!!

Level 1

in reply to ejsthebest1

Hmm I see. In that case, can you please fill out the following information to make sure we have the correct information before I escalate this to get checked out?

• Game Mode this occurred in
  • Map(s) that this happened in
  • Error Message/Numbers displayed  (If applicable)
  • Time of incident
  • Total number of occurrences

^MC

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to _Pwnies_

Hi,

I reinstalled it again. Maybe you can explain how I can reinstall, also maybe you could tell me how I completely remove progress and I will start again.

To your questions:

• Game Mode this occurred in, Single player
  • Map(s) that this happened in, Not sure what you mean but it is whilst loading level 'Federation Day'
  • Error Message/Numbers displayed  (If applicable) It only say windows had to close this program.
  • Time of incident, every time I try to load the level.
  • Total number of occurrences, All the time.

Thank you

Level 1

in reply to ejsthebest1

I have the same problem. Upon original installation, the audio/video for the opening  cut scene was flawless but the game would crash immediately at the beginning of the second level. I updated the video card driver from the intel website and now the audio/video in cut scenes is choppy and broken up. I had success playing the game on all the normal settings until I hit level 7. I can get part of the cut scene to load 1 out of every 5 times, but either way it crashes.

Level 1

in reply to clk5068

I have the exact same problem! If anyone has a solution, please tell me. Thanks!

Level 1

in reply to ejsthebest1

I think it is clear there is a memory leak or something....since my last post it is also strange they haven't replied to my reply anymore....

Level 1

Studios