Cant connect to xbox live while playing ghosts but it works fine any other time? Help

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Cant connect to xbox live while playing ghosts but it works fine any other time? Help

I have 2 xbox live accounts the account I use most and I have the most friends on isnt allowing me sign into xbox live once Im into the game. It says Im disconnected from the server yet I can back out of the game and I still have a connection and I can use other online apps no problem. I can also sign into my other account fine but the account that I want to use is not working. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Level 1
1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: Cant connect to xbox live while playing ghosts but it works fine any other time? Help

in reply to JJstram84

Hi there,

If you are still experiencing this issue, here are some tips you may want to try.

You can always check online services status here http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status

Currently the status is at Defcon 4 so you may experience intermittent issues with connecting to the server.

You may wish to check Xbox Live service status as well Xbox Live Service Status - Xbox.com

If online services are fully operational and you are still unable to connect, you may want to try the following.

• Reboot your router.
  • Restart your system.
  • Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
  • To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem.
  • Establish a static IP address and port forward.

Here are the port numbers you will need:

Xbox:  Activision Support

Additional link: Xbox Network Ports | Xbox One Network Ports | Xbox Live Network Ports - Xbox.com

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

You may also want to try deleting and recovering the profile you are having an issue with.  Be sure you know your login information before doing so Delete Xbox Profile | Download Xbox Profile | Move Xbox Profile & Gamertag - Xbox.com Select delete profile only.

Hope that helps!

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

Studios