Constant lag spikes on PC

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Constant lag spikes on PC

Hellohoho

I play Ghosts on PC

So, for the past few days I got constant lag-spikes in Multiplayer. This never happened before, it just started happening about a week ago. These lags occur every 15-30 seconds. It seems like I would get disconnected from the game for like half a second.

During the lags I get teleported back and forth or I get stuck in movement or the reloading animation stops and stars again.

These lags happen in every match, not just in some matches, so it's probably not the hosts fault.

In Black Ops 2 I have a steady ping of 40-50 ms. In Battlefield 3 and CoD4 my ping never goes above 20 ms. The lagometer in CoD4 also doesnt show any lag spikes whatsoever.

So it has to be an issue with Ghosts.

How can I fix these lags? The game is unplayable as long as this happens.

Level 1
2 REPLIES

Re: Constant lag spikes on PC

in reply to pHreaQ

Hey pHreaQ,

Have you tried verifying your game cache to make sure none of your files are corrupted? You can do so following these steps Verify Game Cache Files. Are you connected to the internet via wifi or wired? Also, please feel free to try the suggestions listed here:

Activision Support

CoD: Ghosts PC - Low FPS, Stuttering, Crash Fixes & Tweaks

^MC

Community Coordinator

Re: Constant lag spikes on PC

in reply to _Pwnies_

Heyo

I tried all of the Tweaks and Fixes things before already, but it didn't help. That's why I asked here.

I tried verifying my game cache, but it didn't change anything, there wasn't even anything wrong at all.

The good thing about it all is, that I didnt have any lags today. I played a few matches (even before verifying my game cache) and everything was running smooth and lag-free. So the lags just disappeared for no reason.

I hope it stays like this from now on.

Thanks for the tips though

Level 1

Studios