Disc read errors

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: Disc read errors

in reply to pingcommander

I'm of the mind that games and consoles don't get outta the Beta stage until 3-6 months later. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

probably a pretty accurate assessment there mate.

Level 1

Yep. unfortunately.

Level 40

still trying to figure this out. By chance, did everyone who is having issues have one of the following:

1. PS3 account (PSN)

2. Bonus Map download

3. Bonus Ghost character download

4. No issues before patch (1.07)

5. Disc or Digital copy?

Level 1

in reply to vshasta21

Hey mate. did you end up getting a new ps4 and disc?

1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. I'm in australia. only got the ps4 on the 29/11/13 so i've only played with the latest patch

5. disc

Level 1

Still nothing.  I was able to get a little furthur than normal (actually connected to multiplayer server and started loading a game before it crashed...again).  Tried doing a complete initialization (took 3 hours) and reinstalled once again using Ethernet cable.  Absolutely nothing has worked.  Still waiting to hear back from Activision.

Level 1

in reply to vshasta21

they asked me to do the same thing as they tell everyone to do again to fix the issue with not being able to play extinction or SP, now I can't even get past the title screen. fuming.

Level 1
Highlighted

I Finally got it working! Not sure what was the problem, but here is what I did exactly:

1. Got new PS4

2. Got cod ghost disc (digital copy was worse than the disc version for me originally)

3. Setup PS4 with new PSN account

4. Installed cod ghost from disc

5. played 30 min of single player

6. Downloaded cod patch for multiplayer

7. Played a couple games online (was pumped at this point)

8. Signed back into my old PSN name and I was off playing

not sure what was the problem, but this worked for me. Shoot the noobs!

Level 1

in reply to vshasta21

Good to hear its working mate! Mine still gets disc read errors but a bit further into the campaign. haven't tried multi or extinction yet as battlefield started working after the patch that came out for it. i'll give ghosts a go tonight with what you've done.

Level 1

I'm was having the same problems but have given up.  I was never able to start Campaign mode or get into Multiplayer Match without getting Disc Read errors. 

I downloaded FIFA and it plays fine, (a couple freezes but nothing out of the ordinary).  I am also playing a downloaded version of Assassins Creed Black Flag without any issues.

I have better things to do than delete games, reinstall them, reinitialize hard drives, etc.  I have yet to hear of a single report of these tactics working.   I will keep checking to see if a fix has been found but until then I will move on.

Level 1

Studios