Error - The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Error - The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time.

At first it would error out at "connecting to xbox live" giving the following error:

The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status for updates,

Now it's getting a little farther with the following error at "Fetching Online Profile":

The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status for updates. Error Code: 256

It did this to me yesterday afternoon for about a half an hour with a different error code number at the end before letting me in. It was fine after that for the rest of the night.

This morning it's been almost two hours and I still can't play online.

I was able to play online without any issues on launch days after. It wasn't until yesterday that this started to happen.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error - The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time.

in reply to FlyingJeep
Solution
‎24-11-2013 06:42 PM

Hi there,

You can always check online services status here http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status

If online services are fully operational and you are still unable to connect, you may want to try the following.

1. Reboot your router.
  2. Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
  3. To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem. 
  4. Check the NAT type.  Is it Open, Moderate or Strict?
  5. Establish a static IP address and port forward. 

Here are the port numbers you will need:

Xbox:  Activision Support

PS: Activision Support

PC:  Activision Support

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator
31 REPLIES

in reply to FlyingJeep

Same here PLEASE HELP

Level 1

in reply to FlyingJeep

Same here. Mine gets stuck while saying "Connecting to xbox live"

Level 1

in reply to CCompton1

Why is this happening?

I played every day without any problems?!

edit: and by the way, this status page is not working either!

Level 1

in reply to KINGLUCHIANO

KINGLUCHIANO wrote:

Same here PLEASE HELP

KINGLUCHIANO wrote:

Same here PLEASE HELP

Level 1

in reply to FlyingJeep

Same for me too... But some of my friends are playing while it says this

Level 1

in reply to FlyingJeep

I cant get on servers too i keep getting an error, but my mate down the road can get on with no problems? WTF is going on.

The game is crap, maps are crap, campers paradise and the servers are crap too. This is the worse game ive ever bought it appears that infinity are going downhill. check out the reviews on Amazon.co.uk. Out of 154 reviews only 23 have rated the game a 5 star the rest is a 1 or 2 star. What have you done to the game guys?  I placed my order in a month ago and i did not get the High Rise map as promised?? Really disappointed in you and the game, I have cancelled my order for this on Xbox One too and i am getting a refund on this from Amazon too. Battlefield 4 is ok and it ten times better than COD Ghosts.

I have lost faith in your guys, all the hype up on this just to get sales, it cant be for the game itself surely?? The game is rubbish. now black Ops 2 was good, MW2 and MW3 also, but this game is the worse game ive ever bought in the COD range.

Sort your servers out. your supposed to have 300,000 servers or so for this game so why are people not getting online with it?

useless.

Sorry dont mean to sound so harsh but i am just vouching my opinion just like others on Amazon.

Level 1

in reply to owlpal

C.O.D Ghosts, the least you can do is to reply to these people here, you owe them that much at least eh??

Typical now theyve got our money!

Level 1

in reply to FlyingJeep

mine is doing this too. It says servers are down despite showing that all servers are active. This is annoying.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingJeep

So we go out and spend all this money on a game and they can't get their crap together? How many more days are their servers going to crash for? Don't lie to us and tell us the servers are all up when nobody can join the live servers

Level 1

Studios