Friend Invites Not Working

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Friend Invites Not Working

I've had some problems with the invites not working on the PS4. Most of the time I have to be re-invited 10+ times before I stop getting "Invite not usable" or "Unable to join party" or some variation of that.

Level 75
12 REPLIES

Re: Friend Invites Not Working

in reply to Ghamorra

The same thing was happening to me last night, it always seems to get worse after game updates, patches and playlist updates, it normally does settle back down again after a few days..  Or until the next update, then back to square one again.

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

I've been joiining through the PSN chat system. I haven't had any issues with that. In-game though works maybe 10% or the time and never on the first try.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I don't think the PSN and the game are quite tuned right to run together, something in one of the latest updates from either Sony or Ghosts is causing a conflict...Just my opinion though

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Banhammer said a while back that the port of the game to PS4 is causing all these problems. I would have to agree. When I play Ghosts my PS4 runs like garbage. It takes so long for anything to be done.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I have noticed the same slow down of my system when ghosts is running, Maybe the problems will be fixed by the time AW hits the screens

Level 67

in reply to Ghamorra

The ps4 seems to still be buggy with this kind of stuff. I know I have a friend request that I can't view or delete showing since January. That is annoying.

Level 29

in reply to noluck07

huntingnoluck wrote:

The ps4 seems to still be buggy with this kind of stuff. I know I have a friend request that I can't view or delete showing since January. That is annoying.

I have the exact same issue except it's on this forum. I can't dismiss a follower and it still says it's new up top -_-

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I haven't had major issues with the invite system.

Level 64

in reply to Ghamorra

I've experienced this as an ongoing problem. I typically find it surfaces when leaving a lobby with the intent to immediately party up with a player from that lobby you were not with previously partied with. Although I have found no usable ways to get around the issue, I find that the issue resolves itself after a period of time. I believe it could possibly be an error with the game thinking players are still in the previous lobby, and it takes a little while for the network to detect that you have left. Here's to hoping it's on IW's priority list somewhere.

Level 33

Studios