Has anyone figured a way to fix the bug that disables you from dropping a picked up item on the container going up to the deck playing solo on Mayday?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Has anyone figured a way to fix the bug that disables you from dropping a picked up item on the container going up to the deck playing solo on Mayday?

I recently dropped a hypno trap on the container going up to the deck on a solo Mayday run and upon getting up to the deck, I am unable to drop the item and cannot activate any traps to down myself, nor activate any hives to activate some cryptids to come down me. I tried jumping down into the previous area, hoping it would down me, but that is no good either. I have found no way to fix this and do not want to quit the game. I only play solo and I now know never pick anything up in that elevator type container that goes up to the deck. Has any one had any luck with this on SOLO? I have read how to fix it playing Co-Op, but I am now stuck on a solo mission with a high score and am unsure as to whether you lose all points, along with the large amount of time I have wasted now playing the level until this point...Any advice?

Level 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Has anyone figured a way to fix the bug that disables you from dropping a picked up item on the container going up to the deck playing solo on Mayday?

in reply to Doresuff1
Solution
‎15-06-2014 04:38 PM

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator
5 REPLIES

Re: Has anyone figured a way to fix the bug that disables you from dropping a picked up item on the container going up to the deck playing solo on Mayday?

in reply to Doresuff1

I wish I could help.

Just wanted to say it seems Extinction players speak a whole different language. I read it three times and I have no idea what you said lol

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Haha well there is a little glitch that causes your character to get stuck placing a crafted item on the map Mayday. It occurs when you take the elevator/crate up to the deck portion of the ship that the map takes place on. You cannot do anything about it, you cannot change weapons, activate drills or really anything. I know that you can get out of this predicament while playing with other players, but on Solo you are stuck holding the crafted item and cannot purposely get downed in order to fix the glitch. I was asking if anyone knew a way to purposefully harm themselves, in order to get downed and fix the issue. I could not figure it out and had to just quit the game and let it be a lesson learned. Sorry if my original post was confusing, I was still in the middle of the game when I posted it and was getting increasingly aggravated...

Level 8

in reply to Doresuff1

Have you asked here yet GHOSTS EXTINCTION there are quite a few with some insane amount of escapes that frequent those forums and they all seem pretty helpful. I usually only run solo on casual when a new map comes out just so I can take a little extra time to walk around and see the layout then I go back to playing with 2 or more in custom on regular .

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

I think there is any way to stop this, its most annoying. Like the drill glitch where you end up jumping in the fire.

Ask this in the Extinction forum though aswell mate

Level 21

in reply to Doresuff1
Solution
‎15-06-2014 04:38 PM

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

Studios