I can't join a game online.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

I can't join a game online.

I can go online, but as soo as I try to join a game it doesn't allow me to. It will either not find a game, or it will find a game, put me in it for 2 seconds, then boot me from it. Why is this happening, and is there anything I can do? (I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it twice, I can get online in every other one of my games aswell)

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't join a game online.

in reply to djv127
Solution
‎01-12-2013 10:45 PM

Hi there,

If you are still experiencing this issue, here are some tips you may want to try.

You can always check online services status here http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status

If online services are fully operational and you are still unable to connect, you may want to try the following.

• Reboot your router.
  • Restart your system.
  • Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
  • To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem. 
  • Check the NAT type.  Is it Open, Moderate or Strict?
  • Establish a static IP address and port forward. 

Here are the port numbers you will need:

PS: Activision Support

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator
7 REPLIES

in reply to djv127

Hello djv127,

Sorry to hear that you are not able to connect! Are you seeing any error messages when you are booted from the game? Which console are you using?

Also, please visit the following link to verify server status:Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Game Status. The status is currently Defcon 4, so please continue to check back.

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support

Player Support

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

No I do not get a message and I have been checking it, and it was always on defcon 4. I am on ps3.

Level 1

in reply to djv127

Most likely an issue with your internet. Reset your router and console and make sure you're not pulling a ton of bandwidth via other network devices.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I thought that too, but I have tried that multiple times with no luck. Also it is just effecting call of duty. Every other game I play online works.

Level 1

in reply to djv127
Level 40

in reply to djv127

Thanks Yppecaye_the_Dogged for post that!

djv127, please take a look at that article, as well as trying to set port forwarding on your router:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Router-Firewall-Ports-to-Host-Join-A--Game/?l=en_U...

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to djv127
Solution
‎01-12-2013 10:45 PM

Hi there,

If you are still experiencing this issue, here are some tips you may want to try.

You can always check online services status here http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status

If online services are fully operational and you are still unable to connect, you may want to try the following.

• Reboot your router.
  • Restart your system.
  • Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
  • To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem. 
  • Check the NAT type.  Is it Open, Moderate or Strict?
  • Establish a static IP address and port forward. 

Here are the port numbers you will need:

PS: Activision Support

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

Studios